How to Flash Android 4.1.2 ZMUANB1 on Galaxy Trend 3 SM-G3508I
Get ready for an updated Galaxy Trend 3 SM-G3508! This smartphone is going to receive Android 4.1.2 in a short while, all thanks to new firmware launched this past February.
ZMUANB1 is the official firmware which we selected for the update. The country which will benefit from the procedure is China.
If you want to experience the best when it comes to your Galaxy Trend 3, the new OS is the one to bring many goodies. Here you go: triple buffering, automatic adjustment for the size of widgets and a new keyboard. Other novelties for you are the following: group cast, touch anticipation and all share. The update is full of other surprises: Google Now, extended Vsync timing and a fixed frame of 60 fps. Even more is available: sync and connect email updates, pop up play, free style widget and mini apps.
KIES can’t be applied if you want an update with this method. Only OTA will work apart from this guide. While the OTA requires stock ROM running on your handset, our tutorial can do without one. However, if you pick the over-the-air solution, you should use the Software Update button which sits under the device’s Settings menu.
For those of you who want to use our guide: only the Galaxy Trend 3 SM-G3508I is the right model to update via our method. If a different smartphone gets upgraded to the Android 4.1.2 JB with this tutorial, it will be bricked.
If rooted, your handset is going to suffer some damage. The root access, for one, will disappear and the system partition will be deleted. The upgrade isn’t going to affect the important data or your phone’s internal and external SD cards.
For a successful procedure, there are certain pre-requisites you must go through. Below are the ones which work with your phone:
- Windows is the main OS that must be installed on your laptop;
- turn on USB Debugging on the Galaxy Trend 3 G3508I;
- no security programs must be running on your handset and your laptop throughout the guide;
- your laptop must have USB drivers for the phone running on it;
- be sure there’s a fully charged battery inside your handset;
- make both a normal backup and a full NANDroid one.
Step by step instructions
- Since China is, so far, the country the new firmware was released for, you need to download the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 ZMUANB1 official firmware for China on your notebook. Go here and download, on the same notebook, Odin v3.09.
- After theses two necessary packages are downloaded, extract them using WinRar, 7Zip or other such tools. This action needs to be followed by a set of different ones. They tell you to open the Odin on the notebook, then boot the phone in Download mode using a special procedure.
- Here is how it should be performed: after pressing and holding Home, Power and Volume Down together, all you need to do is press Volume Up as soon as a boot messages appears on the display.
- After entering your handset in this mode as indicated, you should move on by plugging the Galaxy Trend 3 SM-G3508I to the laptop. Use the USB cord of your handset for the plugging, then look for a blue-colored sign to come up in Odin.
- Its appearance on the screen will signal a successful connection between your phone and the notebook. This connection will tell you that you can add the firmware file to AP / PDA, activate F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot, then uncheck Re-partition.
- Tap “Start” to ensure the installation of the ZMUANB1 on the phone. The flashing should end after approximately 10 minutes (if it takes more, repeat the guide). If everything goes well with the installation, go on to other steps.
- Here’s one of them: wait for a message to be displayed on the screen following the firmware’s installation. This message should contain “Pass” written in green.
- After this message is displayed, the smartphone will automatically restart. Time for the last step: unplug, by taking the USB cable out, your phone from your laptop.
- We will now prompt you to go to Settings on the Galaxy Trend 3 SM-G3508I, tap it, then select About Phone. Tap the latter, then enjoy the new firmware and the latest update.
If the aforementioned goodies aren’t spectacular, restore, with the NANDroid backup, your phone’s old ROM. The result of this will be a loss of the upgrade; the procedure will be revoked.
Below this post is a comment section. Use it if you have questions for us!