How to Flash Android 4.1.2 BVAMG1 Firmware on Galaxy Pocket Neo GT-S5310G
Galaxy Pocket Neo GT-S5310G has had its fair share of new options, features and so on. What it hadn’t received up until now was Android 4.1.2. This OS now comes in an updated version that you can install on your smartphone with official firmware BVAMG1.
The summer of 2013, more precisely June, saw the official release of the Galaxy Pocket Neo S5310G. A month later the BVAMG1 firmware was launched for owners of this phone living in France (Orange) and the UK (EE). Unfortunately, the KIES logo of the new firmware is not activated, so you can’t upgrade the phone with Samsung’s KIES. This can only be done with the help of our guide and OTA (over the air).
It greatly helps if your phone is running a custom ROM. But if you own a different model, you won’t be able to use our tutorial since your device will be bricked in the process. If the device is rooted, it will lose its root access once the update tool is installed on it. The system partition of your Samsung S5310G is going to be damaged, too, but good news: the internal / external SD cards will remain undamaged. Also, the phone’s important data will be preserved.
Along with the upgrade, your smartphone will get access to pop up play, a fixed frame of 60 fps, sync and connect email updates, triple buffering, mini apps, a new keyboard, group cast, extended vsync timing, all share, automatic adjustment for the size of widgets, Google Now, touch anticipation and free style widget.
To enjoy the novelties, first comply with the requirements below:
- be sure to check how much battery life is left and, if it’s not too much, charge your phone;
- create backups (besides the regular one, a full NANDroid backup is also necessary);
- turn USB Debugging on;
- be sure to flash, from this page on the laptop, USB drivers for your Pocket Neo GT-S5310G;
- disable, on both the notebook or PC and your handset, security programs that are installed on them;
- use only a laptop or comp that comes pre-loaded with Windows.
Step by step instructions
You are now ready to gain access to what an update is all about.
- The first step: get Odin 3.07 from this page and the latest Jelly Bean 4.1.2 BVAMG1 stock firmware (download the France Orange version from here and the UK EE version from here) on your laptop. Now’s the time when you should extract the two packages.
- When done, you have to do the following: enter your smartphone in Download Mode by pressing and holding, together, the buttons labelled Volume down + Home + Power.
- The second your handset is in the mode it has to be in, you need to launch, on your laptop or comp, the Odin as an Administrator and then use the USB cable to create a connection between your smartphone and the other device.
- Once the display shows a yellow ID:COM box and a message that reads “Added!!“, you can rest assured that the plugging was successful. If the two aren’t displayed, use a different kind of USB port or try installing, a second time, the USB drivers on your laptop.
- Click on PDA afterwards, select a file with CODE in the name, click on Phone, choose a file with MODEM in the name, tap CSC, then be sure to opt for a file with CSC in the name, tap PIT and select a file whose extension should be .pit.
- After all of the above has been done, you need to check three boxes; they are Auto Reboot, Re-partition and F. Reset Time. After this comes another group of instructions: after you click on “Start“, you should wait for the BVAMG1 to be flashed on your Galaxy Pocket Neo GT-S5310G.
- When the end of the installation happens, you will notice the following: the handset will restart and its screen is going to have “Pass” on it very soon. This signals the fact that you are allowed to unplug the smartphone from the PC or laptop afterwards and use the following method to get to the new Android 4.1.2 firmware: click on Settings and then on About Phone.
If you want to restore the old ROM your smartphone came with, you can do so by using the NANDroid backup you had to perform before. That way, the update will be revoked and your device will regain its previous ROM.
If something goes bad during or after the update, tell us in the comment field below.