How to Flash Android 4.1.2 JB XXANC3 on Galaxy Win GT-I8552
Galaxy Win GT-I8552 (also known as Grand Quattro) will need Android 4.1.2 JB to deliver an outstanding performance. For that, the best procedure you should turn to is an update.
The upgrade of your smartphone to the new OS deals with XXANC3. Which is the newest official firmware to be created for your particular handset. This should tell you that the best phone to use it with is the Galaxy Win GT-I8552. By installing it on another model, you will end up with a bricked product.
The new update file first came out this month for India with an activated KIES logo. When a KIES logo is turned on, you have the possibility to update a device with its aid. This is also the case here if you already have stock ROM running on your handset. If you don’t, our guide can be used.
The pros of having the Android 4.1.2 are detailed here. First of all, your phone will experience pop up play, a fixed frame of 60 fps and automatic adjustment for the size of widgets. The update also translates into group cast and mini apps. More will be added: free style widget, Google Now and a new keyboard. The last additions include extended Vsync timing, all share, touch anticipation, sync and connect email updates and triple buffering.
Whenever an upgrade happens on a smartphone with root access, the device will encounter problems. The system partition will be erased and root access will be no more. Even with such disadvantages, your phone’s important content and internal / external SD cards won’t end up damaged.
As far as requirements go, we recommend performing the following tasks:
- turn off the handset’s security software;
- your Galaxy Grand Quattro GT-I8552 needs to have its USB Debugging option enabled;
- deactivate the security software running on the laptop afterwards;
- fully charge the handset;
- download, on the notebook, USB drivers that are available for your phone on this page;
- your laptop needs to have Windows for this guide;
- to save the smartphone’s data, you need to create some backups;
- when you’re done creating regular backups, create a full NANDroid backup, using these tips.
Step by step instructions
If you are done with these instructions, you can begin the installation of this file on your Galaxy Win GT-I8552.
- For that, download these on the notebook: Odin v3.09 from this page and the Android 4.1.2 JB XXANC3 official firmware for India. With these two packages on your laptop, use 7Zip to extract them.
- The next thing to do: search for a file called Odin v3.09.exe. When it appears among the extracted files, open it on the notebook and after that boot, with the help of some steps, your phone in Download Mode.
- For a smooth booting into that mode, you have to simultaneously press and hold Home, Power and Volume Down and keep doing it till the moment a boot message pops up. As soon as it comes on-screen, press Volume Up and you’ll be in the desired mode for your phone.
- You should then create a connection between the handset and the laptop. As usual, the best way to establish this plugging is by using the USB cable of your smartphone. If this part goes well, you should be welcomed, in Odin, by a sign colored in blue. After the connection has just been established, you can add the firmware file to the AP / PDA.
- Next actions to perform: activate Auto Reboot and then tick F. Reset Time. Re-partition has to be unchecked when you’re done, then do as follows: tap the option known as “Start“. The flashing of the new XXANC3 can now commence.
- When it ends, the Galaxy Win GT-I8552 shall display “Pass” in green and reboot in a couple of seconds after that. The step that should be performed now is the last one: unplug the two devices from one another.
- When the guide’s all done, check to see whether or not the phone’s been upgraded. To check, simply tap the following options: Settings and after that About Phone.
After you witness the addition of the Android 4.1.2 thanks to the XXANC3, you can have a look at the goodies of this OS. If they aren’t as awesome as the phone’s former ROM, the NANDroid backup file will allow you to enjoy the former ROM once more by revoking the update process.
Should you have comments or questions for us, the comment field below will gladly receive them!