How to Flash Android 4.1.2 UBANC1 on Galaxy Pocket Neo Latin GT-S5310L
1 year since its release, Galaxy Pocket Neo Latin GT-S5310L has the chance of experiencing Android 4.1.2 JB. New firmware came out this month especially for your handset. Allow us to indicate the steps that’ll update it to the new OS!
The Galaxy Pocket Neo Latin GT-S5310L for Mexico (Telcel) has UBANC1 to upgrade it to this version of Jelly Bean. This firmware isn’t available for just any smartphone out there. Only your model will receive it. If a phone that’s not the this model is updated with this official firmware, it will be bricked.
The most recent Android OS variant your phone will sport is full of goodies. We’re talking about features and such which are about to bring many changes for the better. Let’s see what the first of them look like: extended Vsync timing and mini apps. These are continued by sync and connect email updates as well as a fixed frame of 60 fps. To move on, the upgrade will also be responsible for group cast, a new keyboard and all share. Your handset’s also going to get accustomed to triple buffering and Google Now. Also, you will play with the following novelties: automatic adjustment for the size of widgets and touch anticipation. A free style widget and pop up play conclude the list of new goodies.
You won’t get to use KIES software for the update. The UBANC1’s KIES logo is not turned on. Instead of this option, you have two others: our tutorial or over-the-air (OTA). Should you wish to try the latter, your smartphone should be packed with this: stock ROM. If it isn’t, you can turn to our guide.
In case of a rooted device, this update will leave it without its system partition and root access. However, not all is lost. The internal and external SD cards present on your phone will stay where they currently are. No important data will be deleted from the device.
This guide, like every other one before it, requires you to perform some preparatory steps. Like the following:
- there should be, on your laptop, USB drivers compatible with the phone (you can download them from here);
- the Samsung S5310L should have its battery unit fully charged;
- only a notebook that is running Windows must be used for your phone’s upgrade;
- be sure to activate, on the handset, USB Debugging;
- turn off the security software installed on your phone;
- create a batch of standard backups;
- disable, on the notebook, only those security software it uses;
- make a full NANDroid backup.
Step by step instructions
The minute you’ve completed these important requirements, you can start the installation of this update file on the Galaxy Pocket Neo Latin GT-S5310L.
- First stop: download Odin v3.09 (from this page) and Android 4.1.2 JB UBANC1 for Mexico (Telcel) on a laptop. After these are saved on it, time for an unzipping. Use WinZip to extract the two, then open, on the laptop, Odin v3.09.exe.
- Boot the smartphone in Download Mode by press and holding Home, Power and Volume Down at the exact same time, then, once a boot message is spotted on the display, press Volume Up. A plugging needs to be done next. Use the USB cord which comes with the Galaxy Pocket Neo Latin GT-S5310L to connect the two. A blue sign will then appear in the Odin.
- After your laptop and the handset are connected to each other, you will be asked to do this: add, to the AP / PDA, the firmware file. Continue with the checking of two boxes. They are F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot. In case you notice a checked Re-partition box, we need you to uncheck it.
- After that’s done, begin the installation of the new firmware. This requires you to do the following: click on “Start”. Have patience for approximately 11-14 minutes; that’s how long the flashing should last.
- If the waiting is done, your phone’s going to show up with “Pass“. Then it shall reboot. Be sure to remove, when that happens, the USB cable so that the notebook is no longer attached to your smartphone.
- Settings and then About Phone are the two options you have to tap after the UBANC1 is installed. By doing this, the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean will be easy to launch on the phone.
If it’s not what you had in mind before installing it, you can go back to the NANDroid backup file and restore the previous ROM. This shall unfortunately mean that the update is no longer available.
Are you having trouble performing the update? Leave us your questions below.