How to Flash Android 4.1.2 XXANR6 on Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190
Interested in a method to upgrade your Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190? You get a chance at using the latest official firmware released this month for your handset. The steps which are crucial to the firmware’s installation on your smartphone are highlighted in this guide!
If you’re feeling ready to partake in an update for your handset, we recommend flashing the new XXANR6 official firmware. The Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean version must be running on your phone if you want it upgraded. There are other pre-requisites to adhere to, but they’re displayed in an upcoming paragraph.
For now, you should know what you’re up against if the official firmware becomes part of your device. From the get go, you’ll be offered a tool which is famous for bringing a whole bunch of novelties. Among them the following: sync and connect email updates. You should also prepare for an automatic adjustment for the size of widgets. The goodies include these, too: touch anticipation and Google Now.
An upgrade brings with it a fixed frame of 60 fps and group cast, too. A new keyboard together with all share come next. Extended Vsync timing and a free style widget will be delivered next. Pop up play, mini apps and triple buffering are other novelties to expect from an update.
Your Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 must be the model to be updated with the Android 4.1.2 XXANR6 firmware. Other devices will only be damaged if you use this tool on them. Also, the firmware came out only for Germany (T-Mobile).
This new firmware comes with an activated KIES logo. You can use, for today’s upgrade, the KIES software as a result. This method, though, has to be done only if the smartphone sports a stock ROM.
Your phone will, at the end of the update, get certain stuff damaged. But that will only happen should your handset be rooted in advance. If it is, root access shall be revoked. Likewise, the system partition will be deleted. This won’t happen to the smartphone’s data or its internal / external SD cards.
The most important task to perform now is this: get your phone ready via some pre-requisites. They tell you to do this:
- keep the handset’s important data saved by performing some backups;
- create a full NANDroid backup;
- your Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190 should have its battery charged if it’s not already;
- launch the security programs on your handset and deactivate them;
- deactivate the laptop’s security programs;
- Windows has to be installed on your laptop;
- the latter must have USB drivers for the phone installed on it from here;
- the smartphone should have its USB Debugging turned on.
Step by step instructions
- To start this off well, you need to download certain files on your laptop. Odin v3.09 and Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXANR6 official firmware for T-Mobile (file name: I8190XXANR6_I8190DTMANE3_DTM.zip) are their names.
- Each of them has some content that must be extracted on the laptop via WinRar. The file to pay extra attention to once you’re done with the unzipping is Odin v3.09.exe.
- This file must be opened on your laptop. The phone should then be booted into Download Mode. You’ll have to do this by pressing and holding Home, Power and Volume Down together, then be sure to press Volume Up once a boot message pops up.
- Take the USB cable of your handset next. Why? Because you’ll need it to perform a plugging between the laptop and your smartphone.
- Time to wait until Odin finds the handset. When it does, you will be awarded with a blue sign. Do this afterwards: activate F. Reset Time after you’ve added the firmware file to the AP / PDA.
- Re-partition must be unchecked now; check Auto Reboot next. The firmware we use for the update must now be installed on your phone. Do that by finding “Start“ and tapping this option.
- If you’re offered a “Pass” message after some 10-15 minutes, the flashing will have almost finished. What needs to happen after the message is displayed: your phone should reboot. When you see that happening, you’ll have to wait till you can unplug the two devices.
- After your Samsung GT-I8190 and notebook have the USB cord removed, you should tap these: Settings and About Phone. If you want to open the new firmware, that’s how you do it.
When the official update tool is launched, have it tested. When the goodies you looked forward to aren’t what you wanted them to be, use the NANDroid backup file to retrieve the device’s old ROM.
For questions and comments, feel free to use our comment field!