How to Flash Android 4.2.2 Revolution HD Custom ROM on Galaxy S3 I9300
The likes of Galaxy S3 I9300 should go through an update to Android 4.2.2 Revolution HD custom firmware so that its owners know what it means to work with an enhanced device.
This new custom ROM firmware has got what it needs in terms of performance boost, longer battery, new features and so on because is based on the official XXUFME7 firmware, recently viewed in out tutorials. You will encounter no bugs, your phone will put on a very stable front, you will play around with customization tweaks and more. But on the downside, your handset’s warranty will run away from it. To get it back, try updating the phone to official Android firmware and you’ll be fine.
Let’s see the requirements for now:
- root the device using a dedicated tutorial;
- find a good custom recovery image for it (we recommend either TWRP or the more widely known CWM);
- charge the battery of your Galaxy S3 I9300;
- create backups via this post (including the very useful NANDroid one);
- turn on USB Debugging;
- turn off, on both handset and laptop, those programs that come with protection from viruses and other threats.
- From here on, you should start with our tutorial. Task number one: open your PC or laptop. Then go online, look for the Revolution HD custom ROM firmware and download it on your laptop. After you’ve saved it, you should plug your handset to your notebook and then move on to the next set of actions which are summed up like this: go to the desktop, look for the file you saved there, copy it and then paste it to the SD card that’s inside your handset.
- Wait a bit while the transfer is happening, then disconnect the phone from the laptop. Next move to be performed: power the phone off. After you are done with that, you will have to consider this set of tasks: enter Recovery Mode.
- When you are in it, you should do as follows: choose Factory Reset/Wipe Data. Then opt for Wipe Cache Partition, go back to the Recovery menu and choose Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Once you have completed these actions, you need to stay in the Recovery menu and, from there, opt for these: Install zip from SD card and for Choose zip from SD card.
- Then select the Revolution HD custom ROM file and start its installation by tapping START. The flashing will not take long to finish; so, when the file is installed at last, you can opt for +++Go back+++. Then select the restarting option called Reboot System Now and have patience for the next couple of minutes.
Your Galaxy S3 I9300 is complete with the Revolution HD Jelly Bean 4.2.2 custom ROM tool that we recommended. But why did we tell you to create a NANDroid backup, too?
Because you may not enjoy the firmware you just got for your Samsung phone. This backup will help you restore the handset to its old ROM. And it will do this if you follow these steps: reboot the device into the Recovery Mode. Then select your ROM and it shall be restored.
If the I9300 remains stuck in boot loops, you should choose, from the Recovery Mode’s menu, Factory Reset/Wipe Data followed by the selection of Wipe Cache Partition.