How to Flash Android 4.3 ZNUENA1 on Galaxy S4 Duos GT-I9502
Galaxy S4 Duos GT-I9502 is in for a change. The name of the change is Android 4.3, the latest version available for your phone. This OS will feature on the handset after you get a particular firmware on it. How to install it is our job. Just follow our steps and you’ll be set.
Chinese users of the this model are in for a surprise. The firmware that’ll make it possible, as mentioned, is ZNUENA1. This firmware responsible for the upgrade was launched this month for your country and your phone. This means that only the Samsung I9502 must be installed with the new firmware.
The latest variant of Jelly Bean has a lot of neat new offerings. There are many customization features, new apps and the whole usual group of goodies.
There’s is a chance for you to install the new firmware with KIES. The KIES logo comes turned on, which allows you to use this method. Though you need to have a Galaxy S4 Duos GT-I9502 whose one of the tools must be stock ROM. With our tutorial, your smartphone can be upgraded to the new Android OS even if it doesn’t own such ROM.
Unfortunately, your phone’s root access won’t feature on it if you perform an update. Sadly, another disadvantage will come up: system partition will be deleted from the phone. What won’t be erased are its important data and internal / external SD cards.
These requirements have to come before the update:
- download USB drivers for the handset on your laptop from this site;
- save data by making sure backups are created;
- among these backups, create a full NANDroid one besides a regular one;
- the Samsung GT-I9502 has to have a fully charged battery;
- we suggest turning on USB Debugging;
- a Windows operating system is needed for your laptop, so make sure you have one running on it;
- the programs protecting your handset and the notebook from threats must be fully disabled.
Step by step instructions
- The first few instructions to follow now: after Odin v3.09 is downloaded (from here) on your notebook, download the Jelly Bean 4.3 ZNUENA1 official firmware on it, too. You will have to save both of them, then do this: unzip them with 7Zip (or WinZip).
- If the unzipping is finished, you will have to do as follows: launch Odin v3.09.exe on the laptop. Next: enter the Galaxy S4 Duos GT-I9502 in Download Mode. We will tell you how: press and hold Home, Power and Volume Down together, wait until a boot message comes up, then complete the booting by pressing Volume Up.
- You now need to establish a plugging between the handset and the laptop. Which is where you can employ the phone’s USB cord. Then give the connection some time to be created.
- The plugging is going to be established as soon as the Odin pops up with a sign in blue. For the next step, do the following: check F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot after you add the firmware file to AP / PDA. A Re-partition box will be checked by default; your task is to have it unchecked.
- The new official firmware has to be flashed on the Galaxy S4 GT-I9502 when you’re done with the previous step. Start the process by finding “Start“, then make sure you tap it.
- The flashing is going to need you to wait until 10-15 minutes are up. When the installation reaches the end, you have to make sure that a “Pass” message is coming up on the screen; if it does that, the handset shall soon reboot. The rebooting of your phone means that the new ZNUENA1 is settled on it.
- This lets you complete the final stage of the guide, which is this: disconnect your smartphone from the laptop. This will allow you to go to Settings on the handset; then, after you’ve tapped About Phone, you will be able to open the firmware and, along with it, the Android 4.3.
If you’ve already launched everything you wanted to, you can see if the firmware should be kept or discarded. If the latter is what you want, the NANDroid backup file lets you do that and get the previous ROM restored.
If, after the update’s all done, you have questions for us, drop them below this tutorial.