How to Flash XXUEMK8 Jelly Bean 4.3 Stock Firmware on Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE
We are about to pair your Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE with the latest Android OS, which is the 4.3 version. All of this will be done with XXUEMK8 stock firmware, a tool well-loved by many smartphone and tablet users all over the world.
The reason why the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is so popular has to do with the amount of novel and useful things that will join your smartphone. We aren’t going for an exhaustive list, but we do have these examples to show you so that we’ll convince you to update your own Galaxy S4: the battery of your handset will have its life prolonged, you will experience a device which performs even better, you will have new features as well as new apps at your disposal, tweaks will be there to help you customize your phone and more.
We strongly recommend this next: look at the group of pre-requisites that we shall display in the upcoming list before you learn how to properly upgrade your device. Here is the promised list:
- use, for the sake of this guide, the model which has its factory unlocked;
- only use the Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE that is carrier unlocked;
- download the new Jelly Bean 4.3 official firmware (file name: I9505XXUEMK8_I9505OXAEMK8_DBT.zip) and Odin tool v3.07 from here on your laptop;
- turn on USB Debugging;
- charge the handset’s battery;
- make backups using these tips;
- look for USB drivers that work with your phone and flash them on your laptop.
- We now turn our attention to the update steps that will offer a successful procedure. Unzip, for starters, the content of the two packages that are now on your notebook. Odin tool 3.07 and .tar.md5 are the two most important files you should keep a close watch on. Power the phone off next.
- Then enter it in Download Mode with these instructions: simultaneously press and hold Volume Down + Home + Power, let go once Android’s logo shows its face and then press Volume Up. After you’ve completed this, you need to launch, on your notebook, the Odin as Admin and then have your I9505 plugged to your laptop.
- The connection will have happened only if you are greeted with this message along with a yellow ID:COM box: “Added!!”. When neither of the things we mentioned happens, you have to use one of these solutions: use a different USB port or flash the USB drivers once more.
- After you experience a correct plugging, you have to move on to the next set of guidelines. Which should begin like this: click on “PDA“, choose the file with the .tar.md5 in it, move on to “Phone” and click on it, choose a file which comes with MODEM in the name, tap “CSC”, opt for a file that has CSC in the name, tap “PIT” and opt for a .pit file instead.
- Now do as follows: turn on Auto Reboot, Repartition (if you selected the file with a .pit extension) and F. Reset Time, then click on “Start”. The flashing is going to begin, so wait till the process ends. As soon as it does, you will see your handset restart.
- The same device will then pop up a message saying “Pass” (in green). Which is synonym for: unplug the Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE from your laptop.
- The way to see whether or not the update has been achieved: open “Settings” on your handset, then look for the upgrade file in the “About phone” section. If the new XXUEMK8 stock firmware is there, you can enjoy your updated device in all its glory. But if the firmware is not there, you will have to repeat our guide.
At any point in our tutorial, your phone may remain frozen in booting animation. This is easy to solve: just enter the handset in Recovery Mode, then reboot it after you select “Factory reset/Wipe data” and “Wipe cache partition“.