Update Galaxy S2 I9100 to Jelly Bean 4.3 crDroid Custom ROM
Galaxy S2 I9100 will get in contact with a new horizon if you follow our tutorial and update it to Android 4.3 crDroid Jelly Bean custom ROM.
This upgrade is mighty needed for your smartphone because of many reasons. The most important ones: the update tool is put to very good use, as it makes it possible to enjoy an enhanced phone performance, longer battery life, new features, new custom ROMs to experience and so on.
The firmware is based on CM10.2 apart from the Android 4.3 operating system. Customization possibilities are also present; moreover, your device’s screen brightness will be very easy to manage, you will get to modify colors the way you wish to, you shall be able to play around with a gesture-based lockscreen and the list of cool new goodies goes on.
To enjoy the update in peace, we recommend you to mind the following requirements before anything else:
- own an already rooted Galaxy S2 I9100;
- flash your phone with a custom recovery (which can be either CWM or TWRP);
- make many backups using one of our tutorials;
- charge the handset;
- install USB drivers for your smartphone from here on a notebook or a computer;
- turn on USB Debugging;
- get the Jelly Bean 4.3 crDroid custom ROM from here and then Gapps from here on your laptop or PC;
- this guide works best with a factory unlocked S2 I9100.
- Our update tutorials always begin with us telling you to plug the phone to the laptop once the necessary files are saved on the former device. Only then can you move on to the second step which requires you to move the files you saved on the notebook to a new place, which is the following: the phone’s own SD card root.
- Wait until this transfer ends, then stay with your handset so that you can easily switch it off. Then unplug your phone from your laptop, enter it in Recovery Mode and opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data; but before that, here is how to boot the device in that mode: power the handset on while pressing and holding, at the same time, the keys called Volume Up, Home and Power.
- So, after you are in the Recovery Mode and you’re done with the full data wipe, you should do this next: opt for Wipe Cache Partition.
- Then do a wipe of the device’s dalvik cache by following these steps: go to Advanced from the Recovery, after which you need to choose Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- While you are back in the Recovery screen, you should opt for Install zip from SD card and then select Choose zip from SD card. The keys for volume will help you for the next task: after you’ve used them to find the update file, you will have to choose it via “Power“, then seal the deal by confirming its flashing.
- Then, after it’s installed on the smartphone, retrace the steps (and follow them again, but be careful to choose a different file) that made it land on the latter because you will have to flash the Gapps, too.
- Now that the packages are in their rightful place, you should move on. By going to +++Go Back+++ and then restarting your I9100. This is possible by going to the handset’s Recovery Menu and from there opting for the phone’s restarting. Done!