Update Galaxy Tab 3 Kids SM-T2105 to Android 4.1.2 XWAMK2 Firmware
Galaxy Tab 3 Kids SM-T2105 is a great gift if you want to buy your kid his or her first tablet. But, if you already have one and you just want Android 4.1.2 to be running on it, XWAMK2 will have to be installed on it first.
To fully enjoy an updated tablet, you need to live in one of the following regions: Switzerland, Portugal, Open Austria, Nordic countries, Spain, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, France or the Czech Republic.
The new Jelly Bean official firmware came out for Switzerland last month and for the other countries this month. The update will give the expected results only if you use this tablet; another model will end up bricked if our guide is used on it.
The KIES logo is activated only for the Luxembourg and Czech Republic, which allows the owners of the Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T2105 living there to update the gadget with Samsung’s KIES, too; but only if the tablet’s running a stock ROM. To use OTA (Over The Air with the help of the Software Update button under Settings menu), your gadget will, again, have to feature a stock ROM.
The XWAMK2 is going to help you enjoy the following: group cast, sync and connect email updates, triple buffering all share, pop up play, extended Vsync timing, automatic adjustment for the size of widgets, Google Now, touch anticipation, mini apps, a fixed frame of 60 fps, free style widget and a new keyboard on top of all of that.
When a new firmware is installed on a rooted device, the latter is going to suffer some consequences: the root access will end up being revoked and the system partition will be erased. To make this bitter taste go away, you should know that the following will not be affected: your tablet’s internal/external SD cards and the most important data on it.
- charge the battery of your tablet if the battery status shows it’s empty;
- make sure your notebook comes with Windows;
- create a regular backup with this tutorial and a full NANDroid one, via these instructions;
- be sure to have USB Debugging turned on;
- turn off the security programs features on the tablet and the laptop;
- download USB drivers compatible with the tablet, from here on the notebook.
- Begin the tutorial by following these guidelines: download Odin from this page and the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XWAMK2 stock firmware on your laptop. The Luxembourg version can be downloaded from here, the Portugal version is to be found here, the version for Germany should be downloaded from this place while the France version is available here. You will have to download the Czech Republic, and then the Netherlands version from this location and the Open Austria from this place. The version available for the Nordic countries is here and the Spain version is available on this page.
- If the download has been completed, these two packages have to pass through another process, which is that of unzipping. So use either WinRar or WinZip for this phase.
- Then boot the gadget in Download Mode by using this method: simultaneously press + hold Volume Down and Power, wait for a warning display to come on-screen and after that be sure to press Volume Up.
- Now you can launch, on your laptop, the Odin as an Admin and then proceed to this step: plug the tablet to the notebook. The USB cord of your Galaxy Tab 3 Kids T2105 will be useful for this.Once the Odin has found your gadget, the display will show an “Added!!” message and an ID:COM box in yellow. For those of you who can’t establish a connection, it’s best if you try using another USB port. Or you could choose to have the USB drivers flashed on the laptop again.
- The next move to apply is made of these actions: tap PDA, opt for a file with CODE in the name, tap Phone next, opt for a file with MODEM in the name, then tap CSC, select a file sporting CSC in the name, click on PIT and choose a file with .pit extension in the name.
- After this, we recommend you to activate Re-partition, F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot. The right way to begin the installation of the new firmware is by locating “Start” and then tapping it. When your Samsung SM-T2105 reboots and you see a “Pass” message displayed, you will know that the flashing is done. Disconnect your tablet from the laptop.
If you’re not entirely pleased with the new firmware, we suggest you use the NANDroid backup to revoke the upgrade process and restore the tablet’s previous ROM.
Our comment section underneath is ready to listen to your questions!