How to update the LG Optimus One P500 to Android 4.0.4 ICS
Because many smartphone manufacturers did not opt for the Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system, many users were left disappointed. And in dire need to getting this OS on their devices. Today we will teach our readers how to update the Android 4.0.4 version on their LG Optimus One P500.
The solution to the problem is possible thanks to Oxygen ROM. The one to think of this is a member of the XDA Developers, called popdog123. This little helper has been made professional via some features that are completely new. The ROM in question has no FM Radio. You also won’t find a Theme Manager. But it does feature an application called Over the Air Update. This one makes it easy to make use of the upgrade in a simple way, Because it doesn’t make the user download the update to a laptop and then use it via a ClockWorld Recovery. Instead you will receive notifications if they are needed. Which means a lot of comfort.
As in the case of all the other “How to” we discusses about so far, this one comes with warnings. Because nothing is safe these days, so it’s better to make sure that readers know what they will be going through. Which means that we have no responsibility if you don’t follow our instructions exactly. Or if you download the file without being 100% sure you want to do it but feel compelled to because of of your curiosity.
Here are the warnings. Do not ever use what we are about to note down on any other smartphone than the LG Optimus One P500. If you do, you do it on your own responsibility. So think twice if you are unsure of this or regret later. Likewise, if you don’t follow through with all of the instructions as we write them, it will be your own fault. Again, think very well before you decide to go through these instructions.
Before laying these down, here is what you are going to actually need first. The device has to have ClockworkMod file Recovery installed on it beforehand (version 126.96.36.199 is the most appropriate one in this case). Then you must download the Oxygen 3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) for LG P500 (oxygen_ics_v0.3.5.zip) to a laptop or PC. The next requirement is that you need to do a backup of every single important files on your LG Optimus One P500. If you choose to skip this advice, your device may very well not function anymore. There are many instructions online on how to do that if you don’t know.
And now we will proceed with the actual instructions of getting the Oxygen ROM on your smartphone. Follow each one of them closely.
- At first you need to copy the oxygen_ics_v0.3.5.zip to the phone’s SD card.
- After this you are required to shut the device off. Next: enter in the Recovery Mode by selecting and, at the same time, keeping selected the phone’s Home, Volume Down and Power keys (while you find yourself in the recovery option, the Power key will act as a tool to select various things and the Volume button will act as means of navigation).
- you will have to perform a NANDroid file backup of the original ROM. To perform that you need to select the Backup & Restore option. Then Backup again. And then Factory reset/Wipe data. When you’re done with this, confirm it on the next level. What follows next is this:
- After that you have to perform the installation of the ZIP file from the SD card. Then opt for the to for the installation of ZIP archive from the SD card.
- Next you must choose the Oxygen ROM file and then the Go back option. The final step includes the restarting of the entire system.
A note here: the developer of this solution told us that there might be a problem if we use the update via an app called PTA Update. The problem will mean that the device may very well freeze. His advice was to wait , because the phone will eventually finish the process. And it will reboot again.
And that completes the installation process of the Android 4.0.4 ICS on the LG Optimus One P500.