How to Install Android 4.2.2 ZMUANC3 on Galaxy Beam 2 SM-G3858
Galaxy Beam 2 SM-G3858 is featured once more on our page. This time we’re using different firmware to upgrade it to Android 4.2.2. To see what we’re talking about, you have to use the steps we’ll introduce later on.
The smartphone you’re using right now can welcome the new OS without problems. For that to work like it should, your device must be the Samsung SM-G3858. This is because the ZMUANC3 official firmware came out only for this model. The file that’ll end up on your handset was launched for this country last month: China.
With its KIES logo being turned off, the upgrade has to be performed via OTA. Your handset has to go through this only if it has stock ROM. If not, you have today’s guide to fall back on.
Before using the new firmware on your device, the latter’s OS must already be the Android 4.2.2 version. If the phone comes with root access already, you should know that the root access on it will be revoked. There’s also this to consider: your smartphone’s system partition will be erased. The internal and external SD cards together with the important data will remain where they usually are.
And now let’s see what the new operating system arrives with. You will have a new set of sounds for wireless charging and low battery bug fixes. The upgrade will also help the phone via a USB debug white-list and a new set of download notifications. A new Gallery app is also brought on your handset. As is better Bluetooth audio streaming as well as an option of long-pressing the WiFi Bluetooth icons in Quick Settings in order to be able to toggle the on/off state.
The requirements that have to prepare the phone for this procedure are up next:
- turn off the phone’s security programs;
- then turn off the ones on your laptop;
- the notebook must feature USB drivers that are available online;
- your notebook’s operating system version must be Windows;
- the data on your smartphone has to be saved, so create backups;
- perform a full NANDroid backup next;
- your Galaxy Beam 2 G3858 has to be charged;
- activate USB Debugging on your handset.
Step by step instructions
- Your first task for now tells you to download the Android 4.2.2 ZMUANC3 for China and then Odin v3.09 from this page on the laptop. This download should be followed by another action: extract the packages and then go to Odin v3.09.exe. The latter is an important file, because you have to launch it on the notebook.
- Download Mode is the mode that your smartphone must be entered into. Which is something that needs to be done using this method: press and hold Home, Power and Volume Down all at once and keep doing that till the screen displays a boot message. This tells you that the next thing you have to do is press Volume Up.
- To move on, you need to use the phone’s USB cable. This is because your notebook and the smartphone must be attached to one another. Odin will let you know when the plugging has worked. You will find out when a sign in blue is shown.
- For the next step, you will have to make sure the firmware file is moved all the way to AP / PDA. Once it’s there, you have to continue by checking both F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot. As for Re-partition, this box must be unchecked.
- What needs to be performed now has to do with the ZMUANC3. This firmware needs a push to end up on the phone, so tap “Start“. To be installed accordingly, this process needs some waiting.
- As soon as about 15 minutes have gone by, your device is going to feature a message that says “Pass”. This and the rebooting of your phone mean that the new firmware is part of it. Unplug the Galaxy Beam 2 SM-G3858 from the laptop afterwards.
- The phone is ready for the goodies which are delivered by the improved version of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. Open and then use them by tapping Settings and About Phone.
They’ll either prove very useful or a disappointment. To get rid of this firmware, you can go back and use the NANDroid backup file. Its use means the restoration of your handset’s former ROM. After you use this file, the upgrade will be revoked.
There is a comment section under our guide for you to use. Leave your comments or questions there!