How to Install Android 4.3 XXUANA8 on Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7105
Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7105 was launched by Samsung this year in January. Just recently, XXUANA8 also came out. The new official firmware will prove essential to this guide. See how below.
The firmware was released particularly for your Samsung G7105. By having it on your smartphone, you will be able to have loads of fun with Android 4.3.
Only the Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7105 must be updated using the XXUANA8. A smartphone which is a totally different model mustn’t be updated using our method, because if you do that you will brick it.
The novelties which will appear once the upgrade is done are the following: numerous tweaks to personalize the phone, no more bugs and new apps. Other goodies include options to make the handset’s battery last more and new features.
If the smartphone has root access after you’ve just performed a rooting procedure, the update will come and revoke root access. Also, a rooted device will deal with a deleted system partition after the update. The upgrade won’t affect the smartphone’s internal and internal SD cards. The important data inside the handset won’t be damaged.
Our guide will now come up with these pre-requisites:
- a laptop sporting Windows is what you should be using today;
- fully charge the battery of your handset;
- the laptop must be sporting USB drivers compatible with the Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7105;
- a standard and a NANDroid backup must be created;
- turn USB Debugging on;
- the security programs running on the handset and the laptop have to be turned off.
Step by step instructions
Perform each of the requirements and only after they’re done can you move on to the update steps below.
- Your first instructions: keep your laptop open and download, on it, the Jelly Bean 4.3 XXUANA8 official firmware form France SFR and then Odin from this page. Both these packages come with several files. They must be unzipped on the notebook, an operation for which you can use one of these tools: WinRar or WinZip.
- Wait until you notice the end of the unzipping, then do this: press and hold down, at the same time, Volume Down, Home and Power. This will help your handset enter Download Mode.
- Once the previous step is done, you will have to go to Odin.exe. After you find it, we recommend you to launch it on your notebook as an Admin.
- The phone’s USB cable will have to be grabbed for the next step. Plug, with it, the Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7105 to the laptop and wait for a couple of signs to appear on the display. They are the following: “Added!!” and an ID:COM box in yellow. When you see both of them, you will see that the connection has happened.
- Should the plugging not be successful, though, time to try again. Do that by using another USB port or making sure the USB drivers are flashed on the laptop again.
- Once you’ve had a successful connection established between your devices, you need to do the following: tap BL, opt for a file with BL in the name, click on AP, opt for a file with AP in the name, tap CP, then opt for a file with CP in its name, tap CSC, choose a file which has CSC in the name, tap PIT and at the end choose a file with an extension called .pit.
- You can now proceed to this task. This one tells you to check the boxes sporting these names: F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and Re-partition. After you activate all three of these boxes, you need to kick start the installation of the new firmware on your Galaxy Grand 2.
- The flashing of the new ROM will end after a very short while, so you won’t have long to wait. Once the flashing is all ready, you will see this: the smartphone is going to reboot very soon. The screen will come up in green with this message: “Pass“.
- Disconnect the handset from the notebook when the latter appears. Then, once there’s no connection between the Galaxy Grand 2 SM-G7105 and your laptop, you need to go here: Settings. After that, make sure to tap About Phone. The XXUANA8 will be in that place to allow you to discover its goodies.
If the new firmware is not great, you can return to the old ROM. The method via which this old ROM can reappear is this: use the NANDroid backup file.
For questions, our comment section is waiting for you below.