How to Install Android 4.3 ZHUENB2 on Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505
Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505 is the only phone that can use ZHUENB2 for today’s update tutorial. All of the necessary steps needed for such a procedure are described in detail below, so check them out!
The ZHUENB2 is the new official firmware that was released at the end of last month for Hong Kong. It brings Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on your smartphone, but its KIES logo isn’t activated. This is the reason why only our guide or OTA can be used for the upgrade. If you decide upon the second option, your Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 must necessarily come with stock ROM. The over-the-air method should be performed by using the phone’s Software Update button; the latter can be found under the Settings menu.
We mentioned, in the beginning of our post, that only the Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505 must be the device used for this update. If you don’t install the new firmware on this model, you will brick any other phone version you choose to use instead.
If the smartphone contains root access after you performed a rooting on it at some point, the update will mess with it. For one, you won’t enjoy root access after the upgrade, then your device’s system partition shall be erased. Nothing bad will happen to the important content or internal/external SD cards.
The Android 4.3 version is responsible for many exciting novelties. You will discover plenty of options to customize your handset and its battery shall have longer life. You will enjoy new apps as well as new features.
First of all, be careful to follow these instructions:
- make as many backups as you want to save all of the data on your handset;
- install USB drivers on your laptop (here are the ones compatible with your Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505);
- a full NANDroid backup is also recommended for later use;
- your notebook’s OS must be Windows;
- the smartphone’s USB Debugging must be turned on;
- the phone’s battery must be fully charged;
- disable your laptop’s security software, then your laptop’s.
Step by step instructions
- There are two packages that must become part of your laptop. They are Odin v3.09 (available here) and the Jelly Bean 4.3 ZHUENB2. Each of these must be downloaded on your laptop, as mentioned, then saved on it. You can find the first file at this address; the other file is here. Use an unzipping tool, such as 7Zip, to extract the contents of the packages.
- Launch, on your notebook, the Odin v3.09 and after that be sure to enter the device in Download Mode. Help yourself with these steps: press and hold, at the same time, Home, Power and Volume Down; once done with this part, a boot message should pop up. Press Volume Up when you spot it, then connect your phone to your laptop once the former is in the Download Mode.
- When the Odin’s located the smartphone, you will be welcomed by a blue sign, which means that the devices are now plugged correctly to each other.
- Meaning that you should add the firmware file here: AP / PDA. In a couple of seconds you will be greeted by some boxes, each of them with different names. Out of the bunch, we recommend ticking these two: Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time; remember to leave Re-partition unchecked.
- Having ticked the boxes above, time to perform this: begin the firmware’s installation on your handset by tapping “Start“. It’s best to have patience for around 14 minutes.
- When done with the waiting, “Pass” should come up on-screen in a green background so that you can unplug the phone from the laptop as soon as the handset restarts.
- The next step you should do tells you to simply open the new firmware on your Samsung I9505 and experience its goodies. For that, tap Settings and then tap About Phone. You should be able to see if you like the ZHUENB2 or not if you spend some time using it.
At the end of the testing period, you may discover that the phone’s old ROM was, in fact, better than the new firmware. Which will make you want to retrieve it on your smartphone. This job is done by the NANDroid backup file which will restore that old ROM after it revoked the update.
All comments and questions can be left in the section under this post.