How to Install Android 4.3 ZMUBML2 on Galaxy S3 GT-I9308
In this post we are in charge of providing owners of Galaxy S3 GT-I9308 a complete guide on how to update their smartphone to Android 4.3. For this to succeed, we are using new official firmware which was released this month!
An upgrade to the latest Android is possible due to a developer whose recent work, called ZMUBML2, can bring all the features of this OS to users based in China. Not only can you update your handset via our guide, but you can opt to do that via Samsung’s KIES: the KIES logo comes activated. Only make sure that your device is running a stock ROM before you apply that method.
To be even more successful, you need to use the Samsung GT-I9308. You will brick your handset if it’s not the model we recommended just now. Another thing should be mentioned here: if the smartphone is rooted, the new firmware will affect it thus: root access is going to be revoked. But that’s not all: the system partition will be deleted, as well. Thankfully, your device’s internal and external SD cards together with the important data will not end up being affected.
As soon as you’ve updated your phone, you will welcome these beauties: no harmful bugs, a great performance due to the many tweaks and options, enhanced battery life thanks to loads of numerous tweaks, new features as well as new apps, plenty of customization options and so on.
Here’s how you should prepare your smartphone for the new firmware:
- in case the battery of your Galaxy S3 GT-I9308 is close to becoming empty, fully charge it;
- the operating system running on the laptop must be Windows;
- the programs which offer protection for both your handset and the laptop must be turned off while you’re updating the device;
- find suitable USB drivers for your smartphone;
- download them on your laptop;
- enable, on your handset, USB Debugging;
- make sure you’ve created enough backups to preserve your important data (you should also perform a full NANDroid backup, using these detailed instructions).
Step by step instructions
- If you can’t wait to start the guide, good news: the first step prompts you to download the Jelly Bean 4.3 ZMUBML2 (the China version is available for download here) and afterwards Odin 3.09 from this page on your notebook.
- Once the contents of these packages have been extracted with WinZip (or WinRar), you should go on by booting the Galaxy S3 I9308 into Download Mode by pressing and holding, together, Power + Home + Volume Down, then press Volume Up.
- Next task to be performed: launch, on the laptop, the Odin as an Admin. If that’s done, a connection must be created between the handset and your notebook.
- So take the USB cable which comes with your phone and have it plugged to the notebook. Then wait until “Added!!” and an ID:COM box in yellow are displayed on the screen. If they’re not and the connection hasn’t happened, try again by using another USB port or install, once more, the USB drivers on your laptop.
- If the connection is successful from the first try, though, tap BL and then do as follows: select a file with BL in the name, click on AP, opt for a file with AP in the name, tap CP, opt for a file with CP in its name, tap CSC, choose a file which has CSC in the name, tap PIT and choose a file with an extension called .pit.
- When these 3 boxes appear, choose them: F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and Re-partition. You can now do the following so that the flashing of the ZMUBML2 is allowed to begin: tap “Start“. At the end of the installation phase, your device shall automatically restart.
- Soon, this message will be shown in green: “Pass“. When it’s on the touchscreen, you can disconnect the Galaxy S3 GT-I9308 and take full advantage of the new firmware by tapping Settings and then selecting About Phone.
The Jelly Bean 4.3 ZMUBML2 official firmware may not be all that you wished for. If that’s so, restore your phone’s previous ROM by doing the following: first go to where you saved the NANDroid backup and then use it to revoke the update process and restore the old ROM.
If you happen to have questions for us (or comments), below this post you’ll see a comment field. Use it well!