How to Install Android 4.3 JB ZTUANB1 on Galaxy J SGH-N075T
Your Galaxy J SGH-N075T will change a lot for the good when you’re done with our tutorial!
In exchange for reading our post, your smartphone will have Android 4.3 at last. You should know, by now, that this OS comes with many great options, tweaks, features and so on. Which you can enjoy without having to deal with security problems. Here’s a more in-depth list of the novelties: a new set of apps as well as many tweaks that will help you customize the phone and enjoy a much improved battery.
When ZTUANB1, the firmware used for the upgrade, becomes a part of your smartphone, the device will encounter some problems. Especially if it’s rooted. Here they are: root access will be revoked and the system partition shall be erased. Your handset will preserve its important data and the internal/external SD cards will be unaffected, too.
The new firmware was launched this month for Taiwan. Since it will work only with the Galaxy J SGH-N075T, be sure to avoid using a different device.
Use these requirements before you start the update:
- once you’ve created a regular backup, make a full NANDroid one, with this tutorial;
- download USB drivers for your handset on your laptop;
- the battery of the smartphone needs a full recharge if it’s empty;
- the Galaxy J SGH-N075T has an option called USB Debugging and it must be turned on;
- you’ll need Windows for your notebook;
- turn off the security solutions already installed on your laptop and the ones on your handset.
Step by step instructions
Now the most important thing is to begin the guide by following the very first step.
- Its instructions tell you to go here and find the Jelly Bean 4.3 N075TZZTANB1 for Taiwan. Then go to this page to locate Odin. When you’ve found both files, do as follows: download them on the notebook and unzip them. Here are a couple of options to choose from when you extract those packages: WinRar or 7Zip.
- What you should do next is this: boot the smartphone in Download Mode. This mode can be achieved if you press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power at the same time, then wait until you spot a boot screen and press Volume Up when this one appears.
- Here’s how the Odin can be launched as Admin on the notebook for the next step: right-click on a file containing .exe in it, after which you should choose an option going by the name of “Run as Administrator“.
- We now recommend you to plug the Galaxy J SGH-N075T to the laptop. Here is where the handset’s USB cord comes in the picture: use it to create that connection between your 2 devices.
- You will experience a plugging after you spot “Added!!” and one yellow ID:COM box pop up on the display. If they don’t come up, it’s best to try once more. Only this time, make sure you opt for another USB port or flash the USB drivers once again until the connection is established.
- When you’re done with this part, click on BL, opt for a file with BL in the name, click on AP, opt for a file with AP in the name, tap CP, then opt for a file with CP in its name, tap CSC, choose a file which has CSC in the name, tap PIT and, once you’re done, opt for a file with .pit contained in its name.
- When a bunch of boxes shows up on the screen, you need to activate only these three: Auto Reboot, Re-partition and F. Reset Time. At the end of this stage, begin the installation of the update firmware by tapping “Start“.
- Wait for around 15 minutes. The smartphone should automatically reboot afterwards. A “Pass” message should pop up on the touchscreen, too, at which moment you should unplug the phone from your second device. For the unplugging, do as follows: go to the USB cable that unites your devices and take it out.
After you’re all done with the upgrade and this official firmware is flashed on the Samsung SGH-N075T, tap Settings. Now tap About Phone. Why you should do this? Because you will get to actually launch the new firmware and use it.
If the ZTUANB1 is not as exciting as your device’s old ROM, restore the latter with the NANDroid backup file.
Do you have questions concerning the update? Our comment section below is ready to hear them!