How to Install Android 4.4.2 VPUCNC5 on Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900P
An upgrade performed on Galaxy Note 3 (Sprint) SM-N900P is something to really look forward to. With the right firmware, your smartphone has the great opportunity to perform even better. Add to that new features and you’re set. Here’s how to perform the upate!
The best tool to help with today’s procedure is VPUCNC5. This April-released firmware is completely new and it should only be used on the Sprint version of the Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900P.
This new stock firmware will deliver Android 4.4.2 Kit Kat on your handset. And you can choose to use Samsung’s KIES thanks to the activated KIES logo on the new firmware. To make sure this method works, your phone must be running stock ROM.
After you make sure the phone you want updated is the right model, you should find out all about the novelties prepared for you. The Kit Kat will allow you to customize your handset the way you want to. That’s the first novelty. Then you will be able to come in contact with new features. New apps are also in store for your device, as are tweaks to improve battery life.
To perform this upgrade on a rooted Galaxy Note 3 (Sprint) SM-N900P, some cons will have to be considered. The first thing your phone’s going to lose: its root access. The second disadvantage: your handset won’t have a system partition anymore. But the device will get to use its data as well as its internal and external SD cards.
Time to follow these pre-requisites:
- download USB drivers for your Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900P on the laptop;
- make some backups;
- make a full NANDroid backup, too, using the tips from this page;
- charge the smartphone if the battery display low charge levels;
- activate USB Debugging on the handset;
- use, for the upgrade, a notebook that comes equipped with Windows;
- turn off, on the handset, the programs that protect it against security problems;
- disable the laptop’s security software.
Step by step instructions
- After these pre-requisites are observed, you’ll need to begin the actual upgrade procedure. Do that by downloading the Kit Kat 4.4.2 VPUCNC5 official firmware on the laptop, then Odin v3.09 on it.
- When the files are on the notebook, your job will be to extract them with WinRar. The unzipping will reveal some files. When you see one called Odin v3.09.exe, you should have it launched on the laptop.
- When done with this, you need to continue by booting the smartphone in Download Mode. The method to do that: press and hold Home, Power and Volume Down simultaneously till the usual boot message comes on the screen; when you spot it, you have to press Volume Up as soon as you’ve released the previous keys.
- You now have to assure a connection between the handset and your laptop. Which is why you need to make use of your phone’s USB cable. When Odin finds the device, it will have a blue sign on the screen to show you that the plugging was achieved.
- The firmware file should now be moved to AP / PDA. As soon as it’s added to that location, make sure you check Auto Reboot, then tick F. Reset Time. Re-partition, however, has to be unchecked.
- The thing to do now is to make sure the flashing of the VPUCNC5 commences. “Start” is the option that has to be clicked on to get to this part, so be sure to do it. The time it will take for the flashing to be over is around 12 to 15 minutes.
- But your handset will be the one to let you know when the end is near. For that, it will display “Pass” in a green box and restart. If it reboots, you are free to perform today’s last step. According to it, the smartphone and your notebook have to be unplugged.
- Once the two devices don’t share a connection, the new update file is officially flashed on the phone. Our recommendation to open the Android 4.4.2 Kit Kat is to follow these actions: tap Settings, look for About Phone, then choose this option by tapping it. The OS will very soon display its goodies.
If you dislike them, the NANDroid backup file needs to be used in case you want the previous ROM restored. When the backup file gets used, the upgrade will be revoked.
For questions, we advise you to use our comment section!