How to Install Jelly Bean 4.1.2 KESANA2 on Galaxy Win SCH-I869
KESANA2 was launched last month for Galaxy Win SCH-I869. With this firmware on your phone, you can rest assured that Android 4.1.2 will improve everything about it.
China is the first country to receive this official firmware. The update we are talking about here will only happen if the phone you’re using is the Galaxy Win SCH-I869. If your smartphone isn’t the right one, you will brick whatever model you own. Also, make sure your device is using Anycall as its carrier.
An update needs you to prepare your handset. Later on we will give you the requirements you must follow for that. But first: you can’t upgrade your phone with Samsung’s KIES. Because the KIES logo isn’t turned on, you can choose between our own guide or OTA (over-the-air). For the over-the-air method, there must be stock ROM pre-installed on your device. We don’t need something like that for our tutorial.
Here are the first couple of novelties brought on by an update: triple buffering and Google Now. The second batch of goodies: all share, free style widget and automatic adjustment for the size of widgets. Another group of tweaks includes new stuff such as touch anticipation and a new keyboard. You can also depend on mini apps, extended Vsync timing and a fixed frame of 60 fps. Other than that, sync and connect email updates, pop up play and group cast are also on-board.
What to do if your phone is rooted? First of all: you will get to enjoy its internal and external SD cards. The important data will also be saved, but root access will be revoked. Moreover, the system partition will be deleted.
Now’s the time to deliver the promised pre-requisites. Here you go:
- Windows must already be your laptop’s operating system;
- charge your handset’s battery;
- don’t forget to turn on USB Debugging on your handset;
- the security programs found on your Galaxy Win I869 and the notebook must all be turned off for now;
- go and download, on your laptop, USB drivers that are available for your phone;
- create a regular backup and then a full NANDroid one, via this guide.
Step by step instructions
After making sure you’re done with the instructions above, go ahead and get the update.
- Your first batch of tasks looks like this: prepare your notebook for the download of the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 KESANA2 for China Anycall and Odin v3.09, from this page. After the files are downloaded on that device, they must be saved and then extracted with 7Zip or WinRar.
- If the extraction went well, you should do this next: launch the Odin v3.09.exe which resulted out of the previous unzipping, then boot the handset in Download Mode by following certain steps. They tell you to press and hold Home, Power and Volume Down at the same time first and do that till a boot message comes up. When you see it, let go of the three keys and do this: press Volume Up.
- Coming up next: plug, with your phone’s USB cable, the Galaxy Win SCH-I869 to your laptop and wait for a connection to be established between your two devices. Once a couple of minutes have passed, Odin should show up with a sign in blue, meaning that the plugging went without problems. If the connection isn’t established, repeat the tutorial.
- Once the plugging has happened, you can add the firmware file to the AP / PDA. When this is done, be sure to continue by activating the boxes labelled F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot, then leaving Don’t Re-partition unchecked.
- If you’re all done with this, move on to this step: tap “Start” in order to activate the flashing of the KESANA2. You should wait for about 15 minutes before the installation is over.
- Then, when a green-colored “Pass” message appears on the touchscreen, give it some time till the smartphone reboots. After the Galaxy Win SCH-I869 comes back to life on its own, disconnect the handset from the laptop. This will happen faster if you remove the USB cable from between your two products.
- To activate the new firmware and the Android 4.1.2 JB, we recommend this: after you tap Settings, tap About Phone. If the KESANA2 is now open on your device, start experimenting with the novelties we discussed earlier.
If none of them attracts you and you wish you had the old ROM back, open the NANDroid backup file. After it’s launched, this file will restore the previous ROM for you and the upgrade process will be revoked.
If you have questions or comments for us, there is a section under this post where you can leave them.