Install Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XWUANA2 Firmware on Galaxy Fresh GT-S7390
Galaxy Fresh GT-S7390 has all sorts of features that you’ll find attractive. But there are many others you don’t know about. And that is why your smartphone needs an update. Today we will teach you the steps that will help your device end up with Android 4.1.2.
For this upgrade, XWUANA2 is a very necessary tool. This new official firmware was recently launched for Russia (La Fleur), Ukraine (Kyivstar), Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan and it comes with loads of goodies. Which we’ll share with you here: triple buffering, a new keyboard, Google Now and group cast.
The next set of novelties begins with pop up play, mini apps, extended Vsync timing and a fixed frame of 60 fps. The last goodies on display are these: sync and connect email updates, touch anticipation, all share, free style widget and automatic adjustment for the size of widgets. All of them function very well.
The Galaxy Fresh S7390 must be the smartphone you only today’s update on. In case a different device is upgraded with this guide, it will be bricked in a matter of minutes.
This new official firmware for your handset comes with a disabled KIES logo. Because of this, you can update your smartphone either with OTA (over the air) or this tutorial. If you select the former, your handset must have a stock ROM by default. If it doesn’t, you should use our guide.
If you do, but your phone is a rooted version, expect the following cons: the deletion of the system partition and a revoked root access. The smartphone’s crucial data won’t suffer; neither will its internal and external SD cards.
Prepare for these requirements:
- in case the device’s charge levels are low, then charge the Samsung GT-S7390 at once;
- find, online, USB drivers for the handset and then install them on the notebook;
- make backups (a normal and a full NANDroid one, generated with this guide);
- you won’t be able to update the phone if Windows isn’t running on your laptop;
- turn off the security solutions working on both the notebook and the smartphone;
- turn on USB Debugging.
Step by step instructions
After the role of the pre-requisites is done, the update steps will come up next.
- And here’s what you should do for the first of them: go here to find Odin and here to discover the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XWUANA2 for Russia (La Fleur), for Ukraine, for Kazakhstan and for Uzbekistan. These packages must then be downloaded on your laptop and unzipped with WinZip; if the latter doesn’t work, you can use WinRar or 7Zip instead.
- After that, the Galaxy Fresh GT-S7390 needs to enter Download Mode. Which is why you should simultaneously press and hold Home, Volume Down and Power; then continue with this: when a screen with a warning pops up, press Volume Up.
- Open the Odin on the notebook as Admin for the next step. A connection will have to be established next via the USB cord of your phone.
- A successful plugging is signaled by “Added!!” and an ID:COM box in yellow. If the connection didn’t appear, you should get the USB drivers and flash them once more.
- If this method also fails: use a different USB port. If the connection is established at last, you should tap BL next, select a file with BL in the name, click on AP, opt for a file with AP in the name, tap CP, opt for a file with CP in its name, tap CSC, choose a file which has CSC in the name, tap PIT and choose a file with an extension called .pit.
- You will then have to do this: look for the boxes that contain F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and Re-partition. When you spot them, check all of them, then tap “Start” to allow the new firmware an installation on your smartphone.
- The flashing of this stock firmware will be done in a short while, so wait a bit until that happens. When the end of the installation is shown by the phone rebooting and displaying, in green, a “Pass” message, you will be asked to disconnect the phone from your laptop.
- Do that, then go on a discovery of the new firmware. To find it: tap Settings, look for About Phone and tap this option after you see it. After clicking on it, the XWUANA2 will be ready to display all of its great features and whatnot.
If they leave you uninterested, the NANDroid backup is your salvation. With it, the previous ROM will return on your Galaxy Fresh GT-S7390. The update process, however, will go into revoke mode.
The comment field below is here to receive your questions and comments.