Install Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAMG4 Official Firmware on Galaxy S3 Mini I8190
Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 has its own fair share of updates that it deserves to feature. One of them: Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. Your device will land this OS once you invite official XXAMG4 firmware on it.
To proceed with this process, you will need to pay close attention to our guide today. Before we indicate those steps, get this: your handset will not have its warranty erased.
You should, in order to have a spotless update process, follow these pre-requisites:
- make a backup which has to comply the phone’s data;
- charge the battery of your phone;
- enable USB Debugging by keeping track of these steps: launch Settings, tap Applications, open Development and look for the USB Debugging to select;
- flash USB drivers for the handset on your laptop;
- download Odin tool (from this place) and then the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAMG4 firmware archive (file name: I8190XXAMG4_I8190OXXAMH1_NEE.zip) on the notebook.
How to flash Android 4.1.2 on your S3 mini
- After you get those zip files on your device, you need to find the appropriate tool with which to extract them on the laptop or PC. Once they are saved and extracted on the phone, you should launch the Odin on the laptop and turn on the following boxes: F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot.
- If you happen to see an enabled Re-partition box, disable it and then power the smartphone off. Boot it into Download Mode via this tutorial: press + hold Volume Down and Home at the same time; then, while you are doing as indicated, remember to turn the phone on. Should your Galaxy S3 Mini GT-I8190 surprise you by entering Normal Mode, do this: repeat the previous steps.
- Then, once the device is in Download Mode, you can plug the smartphone to your notebook. Don’t leave the Odin. Go on by waiting for the phone and the laptop to show you that they are connected to one another; you will find about that soon via a message that reads “Added!!” and through an ID:COM box becoming yellow or green.
- But the plugging may not happen at all. When that happens to you, one of these two solutions should be tried: install the USB drivers again or, instead, use an altogether different USB port. If the handset is correctly connected to your laptop, move on.
- This is the action you have to perform next: find PDA and tap it. This will be helpful, because you should next opt for the .tar.md5 file from before and then do as follows: tap START.
- The installation of the XXAMG4 official firmware will then need to happen, so wait until you witness its end before you experience the rebooting of your phone. After the device restarts, it will also do another thing: it will display a Home screen. This is an indicator that you need to unplug the Galaxy S3 Mini I8190 from your laptop.
To see the whereabouts of the firmware, go to Settings and then tap More; after that access About phone.
If your Samsung I8190 is stuck for good in a “Welcome” screen, you have to power it off, power it back on and repeat the guide.