Install Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXAMGA Official Firmware on Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T211
When Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T211 WiFi was launched, all the people who bought it wanted to update it to a newer Android version. And that only meant one thing: a special tool for this tablet had to be born. Enter, a while later, XXAMGA Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
From here on, we will share the requirements that this guide needs you to focus on:
- install USB Drivers fit for the tablet on your PC via this link;
- turn on USB Debugging;
- make backups and include one of the tablet’s memory by using an external SD card;
- use the bootloader + carrier unlocked Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 T211;
- charge the tablet’s battery;
- use CrossOver Utility if your PC or notebook does not have Windows on it, but a different operating system instead.
How to flash XXAMGA on Galaxy Tab 3
- Now download, for the first task, Odin tool v3.07 (from this link) and the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 official firmware (T211XXAMGA) on the notebook. The content found on both packages has to be unzipped on the desktop of your Samsung T211 Wi-Fi. Then find these files among all the other ones resulted from the unzipping:
– Odin3 v3.07.exe;
– a file with .tar.md5. extension.
- Enter the tablet in Download Mode after the gadget is turned off by doing as follows:
– press and hold together Volume Down and Power;
– this action shall display the logo belonging to Android;
– when you see it, let go of the two buttons;
– press Volume Up instead.
- The Odin tool v3.07.exe needs to be run as Administrator by doing the following:
– right-click on odin.exe;
– go to the context menu;
– tap Run as administrator.
- Plug the tablet to your notebook for the next task, then you will see if this went well by paying attention to the following signs:
– a message that has “Added!!” in it;
– an ID:COM box colored in yellow.
- But if the success of the plugging does not show, you need to try until it does by either installing the USB drivers again or by using a different USB port. Then, as soon as all is well, you can proceed to the following tasks:
– click on PDA;
– search for a file that has CODE in it;
– choose it;
– tap Phone;
– see if you spot a file that has MODEM in its name;
– opt for it;
– click on CSC;
– choose a CSC-named file;
– tap PIT;
– look for a .pit file;
– select it.
- If you don’t come across any of these files, then leave those instructions be and concentrate on the following: check both Auto Reboot as well as F. Reset Time and Re-partition, too (this one only if you opted for the .pit file).
- After that make sure to begin the installation of the XXAMGA archive by clicking on “Start“. Watch as the flashing happens, then, once it is all over, wait for the Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T211 to reboot. If all of the above went well, then you should see this message in green: “PASS”.
- The tablet can now be disconnected from your laptop and you can also take a peek at the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 build XXAMGA firmware by going over to the gadget’s “About Tablet“.
NOTE: The tablet can throw you something like this: an inability to get out of a boot animation. The right way to solve the problem is by doing as follows:
- go to Recovery Mode;
- once there, opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data;
- wait for this wiping to be over;
- choose Wipe Cache Partition and wait again;
- reboot your T211 WiFi and enjoy it!