Install Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXEMF6 Official Firmware on Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 has landed on our site after we picked it up for a guide on how to update it to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXEMF6 official firmware.
Considering it’s a popular handset for many people, an update is just what it needs. That means you should expect a smartphone that can take you by surprise after you finish the tutorial. A very pleasant surprise.
After this introduction, you need to hear the rest of our guide. Which includes the following requirements:
- turn on USB Debugging by finding the Settings option, launching Developer Options afterwards and then looking for the good option we specified;
- use the model whose carrier is unlocked;
- use the model that comes factory unlocked;
- create backups via these instructions;
- flash the appropriate USB Drivers for the I9300 on your laptop;
- make sure the battery is 100% charged.
Next round is dedicated to the update and the steps to achieve it.
How to flash XXEMF6 on Galaxy S3
- First up: download Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXEMF6 firmware (file name: I9300XXEMF6_I9300OLBEMF3_XSE.zip) and Odin tool 3.07 (from this place) on your day-to-day notebook and after the right packages are on it, you should unzip them both one after the another.
- These are the files which play a major role in the tutorial:
– a file with .tar.md5 termination;
– Odin tool v3.07.exe.
- Once the files are secured on your laptop, you have to power the Galaxy S3 I9300 off to be able to do the following:
– press and simultaneously hold Volume Up, Home and Power;
– keep doing that till you spot the familiar Android logo;
– also, wait for “!” to pop on the screen;
– let go of the buttons from before;
– press Volume Up instead.
- If you’ve safely arrived in the Download Mode, Odin should be run as Admin as next task, so do that and afterwards plug your two devices to one another; this will result in the emergence of the following:
– a blue/yellow ID:COM box.
The above means this: the plugging went without a glitch. In case it goes with a glitch and nothing happens, then try to flash the USB Drivers again; or take a different USB port to use.
- After achieving a perfect plugging between the phone and the PC, you have to do the following:
– choose PDA;
– select either .md5 or .tar file;
– tap Phone;
– opt for a file bearing MODEM in the name;
– tap CSC;
– choose a file with CSC in the name;
– tap PIT;
– select a file with .pit as the correct extension.
- Then turn on these three boxes:
– Auto Reboot;
– F. Reset Time;
The one whose name is Re-partition needs to be chosen if the .pit file was opted for.
- In case you are done with those steps, the one to follow up next tells you to begin the firmware’s flashing on your phone by tapping “Start”.
- The completion of the process will not take too much out of your time. The Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 shall restart after the flashing is done; then it will give you this message: “PASS”. You will also see a green background around that message.
- Now it’s your turn to disconnect the smartphone from your laptop and enjoy the update! The official firmware we used for it, the Android 4.1.2 XXEMF6 Jelly Bean, is in the phone’s Settings; go there and open “About Phone” for the exact location of this file. There you have it: your I9300 will now accompany you on a journey that includes many top-notch features. They all serve the purpose of making the device more flexible, better performance-wise and so on.
NOTE: Should the handset refuse to get out of a boot animation loop, we leave you with this solution:
- go to the Recovery Mode;
- operate Factory Reset/Wipe Data;
- operate Wipe Cache Partition;
- reboot your Samsung I9300.