Install DDUAMK1 Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Firmware on Galaxy Mega 5.8 GT-I9152
If the performance, as well as other things, of your Galaxy Mega 5.8 GT-I9152 hasn’t been top-notch, then maybe this calls for an update. If so, Android 4.2.2 DDUAMK1 Jelly Bean official firmware will do the trick. Watch this space for info on how to grab this update!
Before we give you advice on how to land your Galaxy Mega 5.8 with the new OS via the DDUAMK1 firmware, here’s a couple of the upcoming assets that you can look forward to after the upgrade: tweaks to help you on your way to customizing and personalizing your smartphone, new features to also make the user experience worthwhile, a battery that will enjoy a longer life so that you don’t feel constrained in any way, new apps and a performance to impress you all the way.
These are the pre-requisites that you should consider before the update procedure:
- use the Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9152 with an unlocked carrier and factory;
- turn on USB Debugging;
- download, on your laptop, the new official firmware (file name: I9152DDUAMK1_I9152ODDAMI2_INU.zip) along with Odin tool v3.07.exe from here;
- create backups following these tips;
- flash USB drivers for the smartphone from this page on your laptop;
- charge the device’s battery.
- Then, if you’re all done with our requirements, we recommend you to begin the guide by unzipping the two files that are on your notebook right now. There are two files you must look for and keep an eye on: one is Odin tool 3.07.exe and the other is .tar.md5; they’re both resulted from the previous extraction.
- Power your handset off after you find them, then continue with this action: enter the phone in Download Mode. If you don’t know how to do that, you need to look at this method: press and hold, together, Volume Down + Home + Power; then, once you are shown the logo of Android, you have to press Volume Up instead of the three buttons from earlier.
- Then do the following: launch, on the laptop you’re using, the Odin as Admin and plug the handset to the laptop. If you see an “Added!!” message together with an ID:COM box which should become yellow, you will know that the two devices are now connected to one another. But if that does not happen, we suggest you to opt for one of these solutions: use a different USB port or install the USB drivers a second time.
- And now let’s give it up for the next step. What this one needs from you is this: tap “PDA“, choose the file with the .tar.md5 extension, then make sure you click on “Phone” and opt for a file that has MODEM in the name.
- Next you should tap “CSC“, choose a file with CSC in the name, click on “PIT” and then opt for a file with this extension: .pit. A set of boxes will have to be activated now: Repartition, F. Reset Time and then Auto Reboot; make sure you check the first box only should you have opted for the file with a .pit extension. T
- he right way to have the update file flashed on your phone is by tapping “Start” when you are done with the previous tasks. After the flashing has reached its completion, the Galaxy Mega 5.8 I9152 is going to do these two things: restart and display a message with “Pass” in it.
- What this all means is the following: you should disconnect the smartphone from the other device and go to “About phone” after you’ve launched the device’s “Settings“.
- The Android 4.2.2 DDUAMK1 Jelly Bean official firmware will be there if the guide has gone well. If it’s not there, you need to repeat today’s tutorial.
Also, in case the phone gets stuck in a booting animation: enter it in the Recovery Mode, operate a full data wipe by choosing “Factory reset/Wipe data” and then “wipe cache partition” and finish by rebooting the GT-I9152 via a Reboot the phone option.
All that remains now is this: go on a discovery spree and experience what an upgrade signifies!