Install Jelly Bean 4.2.2 XXUBMF8 Official Firmware on Galaxy S4 GT-I9505
Recently, South Korean manufacturer prepared XXUBMF8 for their Galaxy S4 GT-I9505. This new firmware has the role of updating this model to the new Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Prepare your phone, because we will tell you, in this guide, a step-by-step description of what to do to grab the upgrade. But right now you should be considering these requirements: create a backup via this article, charge the battery, turn on USB Debugging, flash USB drivers that are appropriate for your device and use the carrier and factory unlocked Galaxy S4 I9505.
How to flash XXUBMF8 firmware on I9505
- You should next download these zip files on the laptop: Odin tool archive and Jelly Bean 4.2.2 XXUBMF8 firmware for your handset. Extract the content of the zip files and you are going to notice these two files: Odin3 v3.07.exe and .tar.md5.
- Leave them there and continue the tutorial by switching the Galaxy S4 I9505 off and then, once it’s turned off, be sure to enter the smartphone into Download Mode; this action must be performed only in this way: press and hold, at the same time, the following buttons: Volume Down and Home, then press Power separately and the handset will power itself on, so press Volume Up and you’ll be in the Download Mode.
- Next on the to-do list: on your laptop be sure to launch the Odin as Admin and only after that can you plug the handset to your laptop.
- The I9505 will only be detected by the PC when you see either “Added!!” or a yellow ID:COM box along with a COM port number. You have to flash, again, the USB Drivers or you should use a different USB port in case you don’t experience a connection between your devices.
- Now make sure to perform and opt for what we will tell you below:
– choose PDA, then opt for a file with either .md5 or .tar extension;
– click Phone and select a file with MODEM in the name;
– tap CSC, then opt for a particular file which contains CSC in the name;
– tap PIT and after that select a file with .pit in it.
- You have to remain where you are, which is Odin, and do as follows: turn on the boxes called F. Reset Time, Repartition and Auto Reboot; but opt for the Repartition one only if the .pit file was opted for above.
- Commence the flashing of the firmware by tapping START; the installation will then begin and you should wait for it to end before you do anything else.
- The Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 is soon going to restart. Look for PASS and, after you see it on the display (together with a green-tinted background), you have to disconnect the handset from your laptop. The Official Android 4.2.2 XXUBMF8 Jelly Bean Firmware has found a place on your device’s About phone. In case the firmware is not located there, you have to repeat the whole guide again.
NOTE: Your handset could happen to be stuck in boot animation, so you will have to get it out of that as quickly as possible. Which is a very easy to achieve feat.
Do this to get rid of the trouble: enter the Recovery Mode, opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data, select Wipe Cache Partition and then choose the phone’s restarting option.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 can, from this moment on, introduce you to a lot of features whose role is to make the phone deliver a great performance. So enjoy all of that!