Install Jelly Bean 4.2.2 ZSUAMF6 Official Firmware on Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190
Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190 has something new to look forward to: Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ZSUAMF6 Official Firmware. This tool is up for grabs manually by following our tutorial in the upcoming paragraphs.
The firmware requires some very important pre-requisites beforehand. They are as follows: turn on USB Debugging, create a backup (the internal memory content of your I9190 must be backed up to an external SD card), use the phone that ships with its bootloader and carrier completely unlocked, charge the battery of your handset, use a Windows-operating laptop or comp (or install CrossOver Utility if the device uses Mac or Linux) and flash USB drivers for the handset on the notebook (you must use this link).
How to flash ZSUAMF6 on Galaxy S4 Mini
- This is the paragraph that officially kick-starts the guide. So begin by downloading the Jelly Bean 4.2.2 ZSUAMF6 firmware (Hong Kong version (filename I9190ZSUAMF6_I9190OZSAMF6_TGY.zip) and Taiwan version (filename I9190ZSUAMF6_I9190OZSAMF6_BRI.zip)) and Odin tool on the PC, then unzip their files and wait for .tar.md5 and then for Odin3 v3.07.exe to appear.
- After that, your I9190 should be powered off and you need to enter it in Download Mode like this: press and hold, together, Volume Down, Home and Power; press Volume Up when you spot the logo of Android on the display, then, after the Download Mode is there, you will have to run Odin3 v3.07.exe as Admin; do that by using the right click method odin.exe and afterwards on “Run as administrator” from the device’s Context Menu.
- Then do the following: plug the smartphone to the notebook and see whether or not the connection turns out to be successful; that will happen once you see one ID:COM box colored yellow and a message saying “Added!!”. If neither of those comes on the display, then simply flash, again, the USB Drivers or use a different USB port.
- Now click on certain keys and choose the following files as instructed below:
– tap PDA, look for a file with CODE in it and choose that one;
– click on Phone and then search and opt for the following: MODEM;
– tap CSC and opt for a file which has CSC in its name;
– tap PIT and choose the file which sports .pit in its name.
- Stay in the Odin window. Now be sure to perform these tasks: choose F. Reset Time, Auto Reboot and Re-partition. The last of these options must only be selected in case you opted for the .pit file.
- The new ZSUAMF6 firmware shall be flashed on your Galaxy S4 Mini I9190 once you’ve tapped on START.
- The process will take a while to be complete, so wait, then come back to your handset when it reboots. After that it will display PASS and an all-green background; this signals the fact that you should disconnect both devices from one another.
Your I9190 is, from now on, proud owner of the Android 4.2.2 JB ZSUAMF6 Official Firmware which sits in its About Phone after you access Settings.
Having said that, you can now spend time exploring all the new things your handset is able to deliver. Like better battery, features that will make the device easier to customize, a faster processor and many more.
NOTE: If nothing bothers you about your phone’s performance thanks to the tool in our tutorial, fine. But what if your Galaxy S4 Mini GT-I9190 is stuck in Samsung’s logo or boot animation while you perform the tutorial?
Then you should adopt the following useful solution: enter the Recovery Mode, opt for Factory Reset/Wipe Data, choose Wipe Cache Partition and, lastly, reboot the device by opting for the system restarting.