Install Jelly Bean 4.3 XXUANB3 on Galaxy Grand 2 Duos SM-G7102
Galaxy Grand 2 Duos SM-G7102 will be updated to Android 4.3 today. If you own this smartphone and want to know the steps required for an update, be sure to check our guide below.
If you’re located in India, Nepal or Bangladesh, you’re sure to end up with an updated Galaxy Grand 2 Duos by the end of this day. That’s because our tutorial is aimed at you. Which is why we must ask that you don’t use a smartphone made by a different manufacturer. You will brick it if you do that.
Moving on, here’s the name of the official firmware which helps the update go smoothly: XXUANB3. After it finds itself on your handset, the latter will have different ways to customize it depending on your preference and tweaks for a longer battery life. You will also get new apps and new features. As usual, your smartphone won’t encounter problems such as bugs.
There are two things that will happen after the update if the device is rooted: you will no longer experience root access and the phone’s system partition will be deleted. The upgrade won’t, however, affect the internal / external SD cards or important data.
For people who want to use KIES as another way to getting the update, bad news: this method won’t work. That’s due to the fact that the new firmware doesn’t come with a KIES logo turned on. But while the KIES method won’t work, OTA (over the air) will; but only on a Galaxy Grand 2 Duos SM-G7102 with stock ROM.
Now take a look at the pre-requisites below:
- make sure your phone’s important content is saved by creating backups;
- after you create a regular backup, make a full NANDroid one;
- USB drivers needed for the Galaxy Grand 2 Duos SM-G7102 must be downloaded, from here, on your notebook;
- check the battery on the handset and, if it’s empty, charge it;
- Windows is the only OS your notebook must be operating;
- enable, on the smartphone, USB Debugging;
- should your notebook and smartphone feature activated security programs, turn them off for this guide.
Step by step instructions
When starting an update, the owner of a device must first download a couple of packages on their laptop.
- For the Galaxy Grand 2 Duos SM-G7102, these packages are Odin v3.09 and the Jelly Bean 4.3 XXUANB3 official firmare. The India version of this update file is on this page. For the other versions, go to this site for Nepal and this location for Bangladesh. Save the files, then do this: extract them with WinRar.
- Once the previous tasks have been performed, you need to launch Odin v3.09 on the notebook, then do as follows: enter your handset in Download Mode.
- This step requires you to press and hold, at the same time, these buttons: Home, Power and Volume Down; now have patience until you see a boot message popping up. After it does, press Volume Up and the phone will land in the Download Mode.
- For the next couple of minutes, be sure to ensure a connection between the handset and the laptop. Tip: use the phone’s USB card to establish that connection faster. If the Odin shows you a blue sign, you can go to the next step. This one needs the following from you: add the firmware file to AP / PDA.
- When done, activate a bunch of boxes: F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot; Re-partition must be unchecked. Then tick “Start” to assure the flashing of the firmware on your Galaxy Grand 2 Duos SM-G7102, then see if the installation starts.
- If it does, wait for its completion. The latter will happen after 15 minutes, which will make the smartphone display “Pass“.
- When you spot this message, the smartphone should reboot next. Your handset and notebook can now be unplugged from one another.
- You should then be able to launch the new Jelly Bean 4.3 XXUANB3 official firmware on your device by tapping the following one after the other: Settings and then About Phone.
After you open the new firmware, your device will display all of the goodies that are Android’s trademark. If none of the novelties appeals to you, then maybe you want the old ROM back.
If you do, you can easily get it back with the NANDroid backup file from before. By using this method, the upgrade process will surely be revoked.
If you run across issues while performing the procedure, we have a comment section below. Leave your questions and comments there!