Install Jelly Bean 4.3.1 AOKP Nightly Custom Firmware on Galaxy S4 LTE I9505
Galaxy S4 I9505 LTE is the model that is next on our upgrade list. This smartphone will have Android 4.3.1 thanks to AOKP Nightly Jelly Bean custom firmware. What’s in it for you? Well, for starters: absolutely new features. Then you will experience a phone with a longer-lasting life, enhanced performance, new custom ROMs that you can install on the device and more. But here’s the deal: once the update is achieved, the handset will go through minor bugs, possible boot loops, the impossibility to boot, FC errors and other such problems. But all of this will go away if you do one of the following: get a stable custom ROM or get stock firmware flashed on your handset.
For this tutorial to go smoothly, we ask you to read about these pre-requisites:
- root the phone via this tutorial;
- get a custom recovery on it (either TWRP or CWM);
- create backups to keep all the data on your phone for later use;
- flash USB drivers for this model on your laptop;
- the Galaxy S4 I9505 you own has to be the factory unlocked version;
- its battery must be charged in case it’s empty;
- you must turn USB Debugging on.
Then, if the requirements above are all taken into account, you should proceed to the steps of our guide.
- Begin with the first one; according to it, you will have to download Google Apps from here and the Jelly Bean AOKP custom ROM on your notebook. After the files are there, you can plug the smartphone to the laptop and go to the files’ location.
- When you’re there, you should take them and paste them to the phone’s SD card root, after which it’s recommended to power the handset off. Once the device is no longer powered on, you will have to unplug it from your comp and then enter in Recovery Mode by following these steps: power your Galaxy S4 I9505 on while you simultaneously hold Volume Up, Home and Power.
- Now’s the time to perform the following task: do a full data wipe of your phone by opting for Factory Reset/Wipe Data. After you’re done, move on this next action: choose Wipe Cache Partition, then stay in the Recovery Mode, access Advanced and, from there, opt for Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Once both the wipe of the cache partition and that of the dalvik cache are over, you should go on by doing as follows: choose, from your device’s Recovery screen, the options named Install zip from SD card and Choose zip from SD card.
- Then, via the buttons for Volume, do the following: go to the update zip file, opt for it with “power” and then confirm the file’s flashing. Which will begin very soon.
- Once this is done, you have to also flash the Google Apps package; this one will appear on your handset only if you redo the steps that brought you the Android 4.3.1 AOKP Nightly Jelly Bean custom firmware.
- Now that the two most necessary files are on the smartphone, do this: go to +++Go Back+++. Then move on to the next task: go to the Recovery Menu, look for the system rebooting option and choose it.