How to Install KitKat 4.4.2 VPU1ANG3 on Galaxy S5 Active SM-G860P
Galaxy S5 Active SM-G860P will have a good thing going for it starting today. The best way to do that is through an upgrade. Go for it by using this guide!
There is many things to be said about updating your smartphone. One of them is that the Samsung SM-G860P will go through this procedure with help from official firmware. The name of this helping tool is the following: Android 4.4.2 KitKat VPU1ANG3. Here is some quick info about it: it’s been available since July for the USA (Sprint). This firmware has a KIES logo; unfortunately, the latter’s not turned on.
If you aren’t going to use our guide for the update, you have this alternative: OTA. This is an over-the-air upgrade method; but it requires a device that contains stock ROM.
The advantages of this official firmware
The update will function properly only if the Galaxy S5 Active SM-G860P is used. This is the only model which works with the Android 4.4.2 KitKat VPU1ANG3. When a gadget of a different model gets the new firmware, you will damage it.
We need you to be aware of how a rooted device can be affected once updated. After the upgrade has been performed, the phone’s root access will disappear. Once that happens, the root access will follow suit. But these are the only ones to be affected by the update. Everything else, including important data and internal / external SD cards, will stay clear of trouble.
With an update come goodies. The smartphone’s about to familiarize itself with plenty of novelties. You’ll experience better battery life. The device is not going to suffer from bloatware or security problems. The upgrade delivers faster speed for the processor and new features. Your handset will also have new apps and customization material.
Once you know what you can do with an updated device, you can actually begin the tutorial. First off, do the following:
- deactivate the security programs running on your Galaxy S5 Active SM-G860P;
- do the same for the laptop’s security programs;
- perform backups;
- perform a full NANDroid backup,via these detailed instructions;
- use a laptop that has Windows featured on it;
- flash USB drivers suitable for the phone on your laptop by going over here;
- USB Debugging must be enabled on your handset;
- the battery your phone is equipped with needs to be fully charged.
Step by step instructions
- Odin v3.09 and the Android 4.4.2 KitKat VPU1ANG3 official firmware for the USA (Sprint) are the packages that you must consider for the first step. They need to be downloaded on the laptop you currently use. The task that should come up next is this: unzip the two packages with WinRar.
- Your laptop should have this file launched on it: Odin v3.09.exe. Do that, then continue by starting the phone in Download Mode.
- The way to go through this step is shown now: press and hold Home, Power and Volume Down at the same time until you are displayed a boot message, which means that you need to press Volume Up. Your phone is now in the Download Mode.
- Use your handset’s USB cable and establish a connection between your Galaxy S5 Active SM-G860P and laptop. Odin will look for your smartphone next.
- When it locates it, a sign in blue is going to come up. This will tell you to move on to the next step. Here it is: add the firmware file to AP / PDA.
- You have to look at the screen till you spot a group of boxes. The ones that are particularly needed here are Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time. They are the ones you need to check.
- After you’re done with that, you need to uncheck this box: Re-partition. Once this step is completed, move on to the following. This will request you to begin the flashing of the firmware on your phone. So be sure to tap this to commence the process: “Start“.
- You will have to exercise some patience now. The procedure shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes; but if it does, you should make sure the previous steps are all repeated (starting with the first one).
- You will, once the process is done, see this message: “Pass”. As soon as the message comes up on the display, your smartphone will restart.
- Unplug the SM-G860P from the laptop. Perform this unplugging by removing the USB cable. Time now to do this: tap both Settings and About Tablet.
The update goodies will wait for you to try them. If they don’t rise up to expectation, restore the old ROM. This is something that the NANDroid backup file will help with. As a result, the upgrade will be revoked.
There is a comment section underneath our post. Your comments and questions should be directed there!