Install KitKat 4.4.2 XXU1ANF3 on Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 (LTE) SM-T535
If you’re eager to try out an update for Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 (LTE) SM-T535, you should first begin with this tutorial. It’s where you’ll find the steps to guide you through this procedure. And you will also get in touch with all future novelties.
With access to an upgrade firmware, your tablet has every chance of performing better. First, though, install this official firmware: Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXU1ANF3. You should only flash the new firmware if your tablet is this model: Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 SM-T535.
The tool is available for the following regions: Croatia (T-Mobile), Malaysia, Baltic region, Germany, Greece (Cosmote), Netherlands, Open Austria, New Zealand (Vodafone), Italy, Singapore (StarHub / SingTel) and Belgium (Proximus). The firmware came out this month for them.
The benefits of this official firmware
When you own an updated gadget, you’re bound to enjoy it more than usual. That’s because there are plenty of goodies to use. For one, you will come across new features. New apps will also make the device more enjoyable, as will an improved processor.
The upgrade is going to bring battery tweaks. They’ll make sure your tablet experiences superior battery life. The official firmware that’ll land on your gadget delivers no security problems. But it does allow you to personalize your tablet. No bloatware will be present.
The Android 4.4.2 XXU1ANF3 can receive an upgrade via a different method. Which is why it contains an activated KIES logo. With this, you can use the KIES software to bring the new firmware on your device. This option is only compatible with a gadget that’s featuring stock ROM. Our guide is working even if you don’t have such a ROM on your Galaxy Tab 4 SM-T535.
If you’re interested in an upgrade and you have root access on your tablet, things will get complicated. The device will no longer have a system partition. Also, its root access is going to end up revoked. The tablet’s important data and internal / external SD cards won’t be affected by the update.
You can get the new firmware if you have a well-prepared tablet. The only way to get it ready is by following these pre-requisites:
- install, on your notebook, USB drivers for your tablet by going to this place;
- we suggest turning off the security programs on your tablet;
- another recommendation is to deactivate the security programs on the notebook;
- create some backups;
- Windows should be the only OS version running on your notebook;
- perform a full NANDroid backup;
- the tablet’s USB Debugging must be turned on;
- the battery on your Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 (LTE) SM-T535 must be fully charged.
Step by step instructions
You have to upgrade the tablet with some steps. They help install the official firmware.
- Here is the first step: download the new KitKat 4.4.2 XXU1ANF3 official firmware on your notebook. The countries where this firmware is available are the next ones: Croatia (T-Mobile), Greece (Cosmote), Netherlands, Open Austria, New Zealand (Vodafone), Italy, Singapore (StarHub / SingTel), Malaysia, Baltic region, Germany and Belgium (Proximus). You must choose the version dedicated to your country. Now download Odin v3.09 from this page on the notebook.
- After that, unzip the packages, then do the following: wait for a file called Odin v3.09.exe to pop up.
- When the latter’s appeared, you need to launch it on your notebook. Then be sure to have your tablet enter Download Mode.
- For this to work, press and hold Home, Power and Volume Down simultaneously until you have a boot message come up; when the latter is delivered, press Volume Up.
- A plugging between the tablet and laptop must be delivered. Create one with the tablet’s USB cord, then wait. In a couple of minutes, Odin will find your tablet.
- When it does, you will see a blue-colored sign. Now that a connection’s been generated between your devices, move the firmware file to AP / PDA.
- If done with the above, simply click on two boxes. They are named like this: Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time. A third box, which is going by the name of Re-partition, needs to be ticked off. The option that you must tap in orer to begin the update is the following: “Start“.
- After clicking on that, your Samsung SM-T535 will soon be updated. If “Pass” shows up in a green background in about 15 minutes, the device will soon restart.
- Disconnect the tablet from your notebook after that. To better do that, take out the USB cable. Then you will be able to tap Settings and About Tablet so that you have access to the update novelties.
To see if you like the upgrade or not, take a look at the new stuff. If you aren’t impressed, use the NANDroid backup file to get the old ROM back. By performing this action, the upgrade will be revoked.
Use our comment field below if the guide is difficult to follow or you have other problems to report.