Install KitKat 4.4.2 XXUANAE on Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P901
Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-901 is close to sporting Android 4.4.2. Russia, France, United Arab Emirates, Netherlands and United Kingdom are the first countries to see the release of XXUANAE, the official firmware that helps with the upgrade.
For today’s update, we must ask you to only use the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P901. If you don’t, the consequence will be this one: your tablet shall be bricked. So it’s best to avoid that situation by using the right model. The novelties which should get you excited are these: new enhancements for the security of your tablet, bug fixes and no App Ops app. The KIES logo is not turned on.
Which is why you should apply the upgrade via one of these options: our guide or OTA (short for “over the air”) with the help of the Software Update button under the tablet’s Settings menu. To better use the OTA, your tablet will be required to have a pre-installed stock ROM on it.
If the tablet is rooted beforehand, the XXUANAE will risk having the root access revoked. The system partition will also risk being deleted. Other than these disadvantages, nothing bad will happen. The internal and external SD cards won’t be affected and the important data of your tablet will stay on-board.
If the advantages of the update outweigh the cons, you should look at these pre-requisites:
- your notebook’s security solutions must be disabled;
- the same programs must be turned off on your tablet;
- Windows must be your notebook’s operating system;
- a standard backup and a full NANDroid backup must both be performed;
- USB drivers for the tablet are needed for a download on your laptop (they must be fully compatible with the tablet);
- the battery of your tablet must be fully charged;
- enable, on the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 P901, the option called USB Debugging.
Step by step instructions
- The start of the update has to do with you downloading the KitKat 4.4.2 XXUANAE and Odin on the laptop you own. To download the official firmware for Russia, all you have to do is go here. The update is also available for United Arab Emirates, France, Netherlands and United Kingdom. If the download of the 2 packages is done, you should perform the following task: use WinZip, WinRar or 7Zip to extract the packages on the laptop.
- Once they are settled on the notebook, you can enter, via some actions, the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P901 in Download Mode. Here is what you should do for this step: press and hold the buttons called Volume Down and Power simultaneously and, as soon as the boot display together with a screen of warning pop up, you can press Volume Up and the booting will be complete.
- When it is, you have to go to the notebook. When you’re in front of it, you should go to the Odin. Upon finding it, you have to open it as an Admin, then use the USB cord for the plugging of your tablet to your laptop.
- If the connection is correctly established, you should notice this message: “Added!!“. After that, an ID:COM box in yellow is going to also pop up.
- But in case they aren’t displayed, no connection has been created and as such you need to opt for one of these solutions: opt for a re-installation of the USB drivers on the laptop or make sure the USB port you use this time is another one.
- The following tasks must be applied now: click on BL, be sure to choose a file with BL in the name and then tap AP. Continue by opting for a file with AP in the name, tapping CP, opting for a file with CP in its name, tapping CSC, choosing a file which has CSC in the name, tapping PIT and selecting a file with an extension called .pit.
- Your screen is going to display some boxes soon. Among them are the ones you should check next. And they are named Auto Reboot, Re-partition and F. Reset Time. Tap “Start” to commence the firmware’s installation on the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P901.
- Give it some time to end and soon you will be greeted by the rebooting of your tablet and this message in green: “Pass”. After that, you should remove the USB cable and make sure the gadget and the notebook are not connected to each other.
When the unplugging is done, you can click on Settings, then do the following: find About Tablet and tap it. The KitKat 4.2.2 XXUANAE official firmware will then be launched on your tablet so that you can start using it.
If you are after the old ROM, you should use the NANDroid backup file. That will revoke the update process. For questions and everything else, use the section under this post.