Install SlimBean Build 6 Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Custom ROM on HTC One
HTC One has many appealing things going on for it. What it does not have is an updated Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. But if you follow our tutorial, you will get the latest Android in some easy steps.
The instrument we prepared for the guide is SlimBean Build 6. Its features include things such as no more NFC bugs, auto-brightness sensitivity, improved T9 dialer and many more.
For the next phase, we’ve prepared these pre-requisites: flash USB drivers for the HTC One on your laptop, charge the battery of your smartphone, create backups via our instructions (a backup of the phone’s internal memory data to an external SD card should also be performed after the regular one), use the model that has an unlocked bootloader and which does not depend on a carrier and turn on USB debugging.
- Open your notebook and download the following on its desktop: the SlimBean Build 6 custom ROM and Gapps (SlimBean Gapps). Turn to your smartphone now and take its USB cord; with the help of the latter, plug your handset to your computer.
- Pay a visit to the desktop where the zip files are, copy them and paste them to the smartphone’s SD card without unzipping them. Once the transfer is over, unplug the devices from each other.
- After the HTC One is powered off, you should boot it into Recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power simultaneously until the device starts into HBOOT Menu, then opt for Recovery.
- Start wiping the handset’s system by choosing Factory Reset/Wipe Data, then confirm it by opting for Yes. Continue with another wiping task for which you have to choose Wipe Cache Partition when you are back in the Recovery Menu. Now opt for Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- The moment you are done with the previous guidelines, you need to opt for Install zip from SD card and then for Choose zip from SD card.
- Choose the SlimBean 4.2.2 Build 5 ROM zip file with Power, confirm the flashing, wait for the firmware to end up on your smartphone and then do the same as in this paragraph to install the Google Apps package (opt for the SlimBean Gapps zip file this time).
- Return to the Recovery Menu after each of the zip files is flashed on your HTC One.
- If you’re already in the Recovery Menu, you will have to reboot the handset by opting for the phone’s restarting. Have some patience till the device boots into the SlimBean Build 6 ROM.
- If you see that the whole process takes more than 15 minutes, you have a problem. But you can solve it by operating these two tasks: Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache, then reboot the phone. You can do the same if the handset is stuck in a boot loop.
NOTE: If you wish to return to the ROM that your HTC One came with by default, then you should do this: boot into Recovery, then choose Backup&Restore; now wait for the ROM to pop on a list and opt for it to get it back.
Should you see “Status 7 error” on the screen, your smartphone needs a related kernel. So install one and then flash the SlimBean Build 6 custom ROM on it. Your HTC One has just received an update to the newest Android 4.2.2 JB. Use it well!