Install stock UVDMD5 Jelly Bean 4.1.2 Firmware on Galaxy S3 SGH-T999
You will have your T-Mobile Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 updated to stock Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean in no time at all. Our tutorial will show you the way and it will contain UVDMD5 official firmware for the process.
In case you have a rooted Galaxy S3 T999, our tutorial will work on it just fine; however, you will need to re-root your device after you complete the guide. And, thanks to the fact that we are dealing with an official tool, the handset’s warranty will stay where it is.
On to requirements now: flash USB drivers for your particular device on your notebook, the latter should run Windows, charge the battery inside the phone, turn on USB Debugging, make up a backup or as many as you think must be done (also, back up the data on the device’s internal memory on an external SD card) and then go to both your smartphone and your laptop to turn off all of their antivirus programs.
Once you are done with the above pre-requisites, you should look at your phone and make sure it’s the Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 T-Mobile model and not another one.
How to update T-Mobile Galaxy S3 to stock firmware
Concentrate on the steps we will detail in the following couple of paragraphs and your Galaxy S3 is going to be updated to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean version thanks to UVDMD5 official firmware.
- The very first task you should perform right now tells you to download the firmware file (file name: T999UVDMD5_T999TMBDMD5_TMB.zip) on your notebook and then unzip it there, as well. After the necessary tool is on that device, you should download and after that save Odin on the PC, then open it on the device and power the smartphone off.
- Make the Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 reach Download Mode by way of the following tasks: press Power, Volume Up and Home simultaneously.
- You should do this after the previous actions have been performed: plug the smartphone to your laptop by using the USB cord that comes with the former. Then wait until you see the necessary signs indicating a successful plugging; here is what you should expect: a message with “Added!!” written inside it and a blue or yellow ID:COM box.
- If you spot each of those signs, you should move on with the next steps; but in case the connection wasn’t fully completed, you need to flash the USB Drivers again and redo the guide up until this part.
- Now that the smartphone and the comp are plugged to one another as they should be, you have to choose PDA, after which do as follows: choose the file needed for the upgrade, then tap the key called START. The second you see PASS pop on the screen, the flashing of the UVDMD5 official firmware will have been completed.
- After that happens, you will be able to unplug the handset from your laptop. Then reboot the former and enjoy the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean UVDMD5 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S3 T999.
NOTE: Now that this official tool is on your smartphone, you can see the sort of changes it will land on your device. For instance: the phone will experience no bugs, the speed of the device will be better, the Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 will show lots of stability and its performance will be vastly improved compared to the past one.
Tell us if you come across problems with this update and we will land a hand to solve them!