Install XXLSS Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware on Galaxy S2 GT-I9100P
Samsung wastes no time when it comes to their smartphones, as proven by their Galaxy S2 GT-I9100P (NFC model). This variant can be updated to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with XXLSS official firmware if you read today’s guide.
As for requirements, you need to do as follows: use the variant which is both carrier and factory unlocked, make backups via our instructions, flash USB drivers on your PC, charge the device’s battery and turn on USB Debugging.
After the smartphone is flashed with the necessary update tool, it will no longer be rooted (if you have a rooted Galaxy S2 I9100P). To bring that back, you will have to root your handset a second time with the appropriate tutorial.
How to update I9100P to XXLSS Jelly Bean 4.1.2 firmware
- To update your phone, you need to begin by saving the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXLSS official firmware on your notebook, then unzipping it; this is one of the most important file extensions you should be left with: .tar.md5.
- Then you have to save Odin tool 3.07 on the same laptop and look around for Odin3 v3.07.exe. Now turn the smartphone off and enter it in Download Mode by performing the following tasks: simultaneously press + hold Volume Down, Home and Power, then wait for a “!” to come on the screen at which moment you should press Volume Up.
- Once the Galaxy S2 GT-I9100P is in the Download Mode, you can run the Odin tool .exe as Admin. After you do that, your next tasks should be these: plug the smartphone to your comp and look around for “Added!!” and an ID:COM box in yellow + a COM port number; this means the connection has been completed.
- In case these two signs are nowhere to be seen, you will have to flash the USB Drivers again; or try with a different USB port.
- Now opt for a couple of files that will appear after you click on the following buttons:
– PDA, then opt for a .tar.md5 file;
– Phone and after you do that, be sure to choose a file with MODEM in its name;
– CSC, after which you should opt for a file containing CSC in its name;
– PIT and choose a file which contains a .pit extension.
- After the above is performed, you need to continue by doing as follows: check mark F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot; if you opted for the .pit file, you need to also select Re-partition.
- But if you didn’t see the four files above, you should leave the Re-partition box unchecked and click START to begin the flashing of the XXLSS official firmware.
- The installation will be over soon and your Galaxy S2 I9100P is going to restart and then display PASS. Now is the moment you’ve been waiting for: you can disconnect the handset from your laptop. The phone has been upgraded to the Android 4.1.2 XXLSS Jelly Bean official firmware, which is in the device’s About Phone section.
NOTE: The handset will probably remain stuck in boot animation while you perform our tutorial. When that is the case, you need to get it unstuck from that by doing the following: enter the phone in Recovery Mode, choose Factory Reset/Wipe Data, opt for Wipe Cache Partition, go back to the Recovery Menu and choose the phone’s restarting option.
The Galaxy S2 GT-I9100P is ready to provide some of these great assets brought on by the update: improved battery life, many options to get a highly easy to customize handset, superior performance in terms of speed and so on. Discover all of them on your own!