Install Jelly Bean 4.1.2 ZMUANC2 on Galaxy Trend 3 TD SM-G3508I
Chinese users of Galaxy Trend 3 TD SM-G3508I have ZMUANC2 to install on their phone. You should also give it a try: the new firmware will bring much-needed novelties!
At the end of this post, your smartphone will run on Android 4.1.2, the newest version around. Make sure the new firmware gets flashed on the Samsung SM-G3508I and not another device. If you own a different handset, we suggest looking for an appropriate guide for it on our main page!
The latest Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean can be sported by your phone if you follow certain steps. Before we get to them, here are some requirements:
- in case the battery inside your phone is empty, it’s always good to fully charge it before the update;
- Windows is the OS which needs to be installed on your laptop beforehand;
- go and have USB Debugging turned on;
- go to your notebook’s security software and make sure it’s turned off;
- then go to the phone’s own security programs and turn them off;
- your laptop must feature USB drivers for your smartphone;
- make a couple of regular backups;
- create a full NANDroid backup using these instructions.
If you don’t know what an upgrade means, we are about to introduce you to some great goodies. For starters, there’s the following to look forward to: mini apps and a fixed frame of 60 fps. These are continued by Google Now, a new keyboard and pop up play.
The previous novelties are joined by touch anticipation and triple buffering. Not to forget: your phone will also receive free style widget and automatic adjustment for the size of widgets. Last goodies on the list: group cast, all share, extended Vsync timing and sync and connect email updates.
If your Galaxy Trend 3 TD SM-G3508I features root firmware, it will end up revoked. Another disadvantage of performing the update on a rooted device: the latter’s system partition will be deleted. If you are scared about the well-being of important data or the internal / external SD cards, don’t be: they will stay safe.
An update of your phone can be done with KIES, as well. But not in our case: the firmware doesn’t have an activated KIES logo. It’s therefore best to consider OTA (over-the-air) if you want to use a different method than our guide. You should know that the OTA will have to be applied on a phone running stock ROM.
Step by step instructions
As for the upgrade itself, here’s how to make it happen.
- Start this guide with the following action: download Odin v3.09 from this location and then the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 ZMUANC2 official firmware for China on the laptop you currently use. Once everything’s downloaded on it, unzip the packages with WinZip and open Odin v3.09.exe on the same laptop.
- All of this should be followed by a step that’s asking you to enter your Galaxy Trend 3 SM-G3508I in Download Mode. If you’re unaware of how it’s done: press and simultaneously hold Home, Power and Volume Down, release them if you spot a boot message on the display and press, instead, Volume Up only.
- Your smartphone and notebook will have to be connected to one another. That’s why you should use the USB cable belonging to your phone. When you are face to face with a blue sign in Odin, your devices will have been plugged accordingly to each other.
- Now do this next: add the firmware file to the AP / PDA. Move on and check F. Reset Time. Continue with these actions: check Auto Reboot and after that uncheck Re-partition. If you are finished with that, do this up next: click on “Start”, then have patience till the new firmware is flashed on your handset.
- When the latter has a message reading “Pass” and it then reboots, all is well: the phone and your notebook should be unplugged because the ZMUANC2 firmware is part of your Galaxy Trend 3 G3508I.
- To activate the new OS and, along with it, all the novelties, one must tap Settings and then About Phone.
Should you dislike the new firmware, help comes in the form of the NANDroid backup file from before. We told you to create it so that the old ROM could be restored on your phone. If you decide to go for this, remember this: the upgrade will be revoked.
For comments, questions and whatnot, please use the comment section under this guide.