How to Install KitKat 4.4.2 XXUAND3 on Galaxy S3 Neo+ GT-I9301I
Austrian owners of Galaxy S3 Neo+ GT-I9301I should be ready for an update. The procedure we are describing below has some really good novelties to deliver. Once they’re part of your handset, you won’t look back!
There are many advantages to be had if you upgrade your phone to Android 4.4.2 XXUAND3. For this to work, you should only use this handset: Galaxy S3 Neo Plus I9301I. If the device you’re updating is not the right model, this guide will only damage it.
Launched last month for April, the XXUAND3 official firmware is only available for Austria (A1), as mentioned. At least until now. The firmware will damage your phone’s system partition if the device is rooted. Important data won’t be damaged, but the root access will be revoked. The device has internal and external SD cards; they won’t have to go through damage.
The Android 4.4.2 KitKat version has the sort of goodies that will only improve your Galaxy phone model. They include battery tweaks for longer life, customization methods, new apps and more. Not only that, but they’ll also be responsible for your phone’s performance improvement.
Check that you have the right model on your hands, then prepare it for the upgrade. Which means that you need to look at these pre-requisites for a bit and follow them:
- your notebook must be using Windows;
- the phone’s battery unit must be fully charged;
- turn off, on your laptop, the security programs it uses;
- turn off the security programs that are protecting the Galaxy S3 Neo+ GT-I9301I from different security problems;
- you’ll find USB drivers compatible with the handset on this page;
- they have to be downloaded, from there, on your laptop;
- standard backups should be created so that the handset’s data is protected;
- you should also create a full NANDroid backup;
- enable, on your smartphone, the option named USB Debugging.
Step by step instructions
The tutorial we deliver is made of several steps. You must follow them from now on.
- For the first step we have this set of tasks for you to perform: download the Android 4.4.2 XXUAND3 and Odin v3.09 from this page on the notebook. The first file has to be the one which works for your country.
- If your notebook features the two packages, make sure WinRar is used now. This is the tool you need to use for the unzipping of the Odin v3.09 and the other package.
- There will be a certain number of files landing on your laptop. You have to open the one called Odin v3.09.exe on the latter. If this file is launched there, start the Galaxy S3 Neo+ GT-I9301I in Download Mode.
- If you’re not used to this, perform the previous step like this: press and hold Home, Power and Volume Down simultaneously. When the screen has a boot message to display, you’ll have to press Volume Up instead.
- The smartphone is in Download Mode now, so establish a connection between it and your notebook. The handset’s USB cord works for this step.
- The Odin will begin looking for the smartphone. If you are greeted by a sign in blue, the two devices will have entered that connection.
- You are now told to do this: after the firmware file is added to AP / PDA, tick F. Reset Time. After that, do as follows: tick Auto Reboot and uncheck Re-partition afterwards. To begin the flashing of the upgrade firmware, click on the option called “Start“.
- A message is what you should be waiting for now. This message will say “Pass” in a green box after about 15 minutes of waiting. This message is going to be followed by your smartphone rebooting.
- When your device is restarted, you will have to take the USB cable out. The smartphone and your notebook will be connected to one another no more.
- Instead, you’ll be able to finally take a look at the updated Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo+ GT-I9301I. To do that, tap Settings on the handset. Next: tap About Phone.
Should you not be impressed by this firmware, the NANDroid backup file made earlier has the power to restore the old ROM. But by doing this, your device’s upgrade shall be revoked.
If there are specific questions you have about the update, feel free to leave them below.