Root Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 on Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXMF2 Official Firmware
So after we updated Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXMF2 firmware, we thought we would also teach the owners of this device how to root it.
In case you don’t know, rooting a gadget – be it a tablet or a smartphone – comes with noteworthy stuff. The presence of such stuff has the important role of transforming your Galaxy Ace 2 GT-I8160 into a handset whose performance will leave you in awe if you want to experience that. And in case the battery of this model does not behave well, you should totally root the device.
Also, it should be said that after the smartphone is rooted, its default warranty will no longer be where it is; to have it back on the device it belongs to, you have to unroot the phone. But you will not be able to employ all the custom ROMs, root-only apps and such if you root the phone.
However, in case you think there are more advantages than disadvantages to be had from this procedure, then you will find, in this tutorial of ours, all the steps necessary to the rooting of your Galaxy Ace 2 I8160. As well as pre-requisites to go through before the actual rooting begins.
Here are the requirements we promised in the paragraph above: make sure your handset has the Jelly Bean 4.1.2 XXMF2 official firmware on it, charge the battery so that it won’t be left empty during the guide, create as many backups as are necessary for you via this tutorial, flash USB Drivers for the Ace 2 I8160 on the notebook (you must use this link), use the smartphone that is carrier and then factory unlocked and enable the option commonly known under its USB Debugging name.
- The moment to learn how to root your smartphone is finally upon us. The tool that should be downloaded on your computer is this one: root archive for your model (file name: root.zip).
- Your handset needs, for the next step, to be plugged to your notebook; which is why you need to use the phone’s USB cord for this action.Then move the root.zip from earlier to the handset’s very own SD card root and, after the transfer is done, you need to do this: turn your Galaxy Ace 2 I8160 off.
- After it’s no longer plugged to the laptop, your task should sound like this: enter the phone into Recovery Mode by pressing + holding Volume Up, Home and Power at the same time.
- While the handset is in the Recovery Mode you booted it into, you will need to opt for Apply update from external storage. And then we recommend you to choose the root.zip file.
- After you perform this selection, you need to confirm the flashing of the file on the phone. The flashing is going to have its debut very soon, so wait for that process to end.
- After that happens, your task is this one: go to the Recovery Menu, opt for the system rebooting option and the device shall restart after a few seconds. Then it will display the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXMF2 Jelly Bean Firmware in the handset’s “About Phone“. The perfect app to check if the rooting happened is Root Checker; go to Google Play Store and download it from there on your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 I8160.
Are you now sure of the success of today’s operation? Then go and flash root-only apps and other exciting new tools on your smartphone!