How to Root Samsung Galaxy Attain 4G SCH-R920
Galaxy Attain 4G SCH-R920 will no longer be refused a rooting. This crucial procedure is something that every device should go through. The cons that come with it are fewer than the pros. If you consider performing it for your own phone, you now have a way to do so!
Your smartphone is the device we’ll root today with SRSRoot. We picked this app because it’s free. That, however, isn’t the only reason for using it in this guide. The SRSRoot, which is a dedicated app, offers many possibilities. They will turn the phone into a brand new one by the time you’re done with the rooting.
The rooting app we went for delivers all of its goodies easily. They include numerous customization opportunities and many new features. This first batch of novelties is joined by a second one. The latter contains admin and superuser permission along with these: battery tweaks. Root-only apps are also in the picture.
The benefits of this procedure
The rooting allows you to enjoy your handset more. As such, it makes sure that its 1 GHz CPU moves better. The app we’re using doesn’t let the phone’s Android 2.3.6 Gingerbread disappear. The SRSRoot extends its compatibility to many Android versions. The app works well with ever Build ID you may choose to use. The one we worked with was this: GINGERBREAD.EL03.
Custom ROMs are something your phone will also get access to. Bloatware is not delivered; neither are security threats. The SRSRoot can very well be used as a way to revoke root access. This great app is fully powered by an SRS Server and it works with numerous different devices.
In the eventuality that you’ll upgrade a rooted Samsung Galaxy Attain 4G SCH-R920, its system partition along with the root access will be affected. The former will be deleted; the latter will be revoked. You should know that neither of the following gets damaged: internal / external SD cards and important data.
The smartphone will find itself devoid of a warranty. This always happens when a gadget’s rooted. That’s why various pros have come up with solutions to restore it. Find a tutorial to help you do that; choose the one which deals with your phone model!
You’re now face to face with very important steps. Perform them before you put the rooting into motion:
- find, for your laptop, USB drivers that work best with the Galaxy Attain 4G SCH-R920;
- after you locate them on this page, download and install them on the laptop;
- oot your phone only if you’ve fully charged it beforehand;
- make sure plenty of backups are created so that nothing of importance gets deleted from the smartphone;
- a full NANDroid backup needs to also happen;
- Windows is the only accepted OS version on your laptop;
- the security programs which are part of the laptop need to be turned off;
- those running on the handset have to be deactivated as well.
Step by step instructions
Coming up next: how to root the Galaxy Attain 4G SCH-R920 in several easy steps!
- If you’re ready, here’s our first step: get the SRSRoot app from this page. Next: download it by clicking a special button located at that address.
- The download will begin shortly after you’re done; the file will then land on your laptop a couple of minutes later. After it does, install the downloaded package on the laptop and open it there next.
- Another step to perform needs this from you: tap Unknown Sources. That way you’ll be sure this option is successfully enabled. But if finding the option proves to be a difficult task, we’ll help.
- To quickly locate the Unknown Sources, do this: after you’ve tapped Menu, tap Settings. Once done, find the option we mentioned by looking under the Settings option.
- An option you should have already gotten in touch with is USB Debugging. You had to turn it on not too long ago; if you haven’t, enable it while you’re at this stage of things.
- Once this is also completed, you can take the handset’s USB cord. Why do that? Because this cord will allow your phone and laptop to be connected to one another.
- Once a plugging is accomplished, the phone can finally enter the rooting phase. In order to have the procedure started, tap this option: Root Device (All Methods).
- On average, a rooting is something that requires under 15 minutes to be over. In case 15 minutes are up and you don’t see much happening, you might want to go back and redo the steps.
- Should the phone’s rooting be completed in no more than 15 minutes, the device has to be restarted. Apply this step to do it: click on Reboot System Now.
After the Samsung SCH-R920 is done with this part, too, you can begin the exploration of your rooted handset.
A comment box under this guide is the place where you can leave your questions with us.