How to Root Galaxy Captivate Glide SGH-I927
Galaxy Captivate Glide SGH-I927 isn’t very far away from receiving root access. And once it does, it will run smoothly and faster. To do that, though, it needs a certain kind of app. Its name as well as the method of installation are all discussed in the upcoming post.
You won’t have to stay long without root access. Your smartphone will soon have SRSRoot, the tool which delivers all kinds of new stuff for it. Among them will be root-only apps and battery tweaks for improving the phone’s battery life. A series of custom ROMs and new features join the novelties. After them comes admin and superuser permission. You will also get to enjoy new stuff such as customization options.
The benefits of this method
The SRSRoot is compatible with every one of the Android OS versions released thus far. Including the 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich your handset owns. Not only that, but you can also use what Build ID you feel more comfortable with. We used this one for today’s procedure: IMM76D. The smartphone ships with a dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A9 processor in tow. Its speed may be a bit slow, but the this tool will provide faster speeds for it.
Powered by an SRS Server, the new app can be used on various brands. Your phone is also known as Galaxy S Glide, Samsung SGH-I927, Galaxy S II and Samsung Gidim. With the SRSRoot you will be able to also unroot it.
When your rooted Galaxy Glide SGH-I927 gets an upgrade, it stands every chance of losing its root access. The update will also wipe the phone’s system partition if root access is on it. This procedure won’t affect the handset’s internal / external SD cards or the important content. If root access is delivered for your device, the smartphone won’t have a warranty any longer.
If you want to gain root access via this dedicated software, here’s how to prepare your phone for it:
- USB drivers for your Galaxy i927 Captivate Glide will have to be installed on your notebook;
- save the most crucial data on your phone by making sure one or more standard backups are performed;
- a full NANDroid backup is up on your list of things to do;
- turn on the option on your phone known as USB Debugging;
- the smartphone must feature a fully charged battery;
- your notebook should contain Windows as its OS version;
- the security software in use on the laptop have to be disabled now;
- then disable the phone’s security software.
Step by step instructions
You are now introduced to our steps for rooting your handset.
- The first step will have to be performed like this: open this page in your browser. Look for a download button. When you see it, you need to click on it.
- As soon as you’ve done that, the SRSRoot app will end up on your notebook. When the latter has it, you will have to flash it there, then do this: open it.
- Find Unknown Sources on the phone now. This option’s under Settings. Activate the Unknown Sources when you locate it, then enable USB Debugging instead. But you should only turn this option on if you haven’t done that earlier and do the same for it.
- If this option’s already been enabled, move on by plugging the Samsung SGH-I927 to your laptop. Having turned the necessary options on, you will be asked to connect the smartphone and your laptop to one another.
- To create a plugging between them, all you have to do is go to the phone’s USB cord. Now use it. Let the connection start now, then wait until it finishes. The end will come after a couple of minutes tops. The rooting will have to be initiated for the next step.
- The process will start as soon as you look for this option and tap it: Root Device (All Methods). The phone will now go through the rooting. 15 minutes are usually what it takes for this procedure to end successfully.
- If not, go back to the first step and repeat everything from there till this step. In case you did have success with the rooting the first time around, you can go ahead and restart the smartphone.
Now you are free to get in touch with everything the new app offers. See if you like the goodies; if you don’t, the same software as before can be used to unroot the device.
Did you encounter problems during the procedure? We have a comment field under this post.