Root Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8020 on Android 4.1.2 XXBMA7 Official Jelly Bean Firmware
The road to rooting a gadget is paved with many good tutorials. We are trying to be on that road with our guide today on how to root Samsung’s Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8020 LTE to Google’s latest OS.
The assistant that helps us with all of this is called Android 4.1.2 XXbma7 Official Jelly Bean Firmware. Only this time, the tool implemented is ODIN. But that’s no problem at all, since it’s equally good.
Look at the following requirements: install, on your laptop, the right USB drivers for the tablet, create backups for all your important data, settings and apps, download CF-Auto-Root file for N8020XXBMA7 Firmware and then Odin tool v3.07 and charge the battery. Now check out the steps that are part of our tutorial and follow all of them.
- Step one is about these two actions: extract the CF-Auto-Root and the Odin zip files.
- For step two you shall be asked the following: when .tar.md5 and Odin3 v3.07.exe appear on the comp’s screen, you will have to turn the Note 10.1 GT-N8020 off and boot it into Download Mode. The latter action should be performed like this: press and at the same time hold down Home, Volume Down and Power. As a result, “Warning!” should come on the display. When you see it, you will need you to press Volume Down key. And there you go: the Download Mode will have been reached.
- Now concentrate your efforts on the third step: open the Odin3 v3.07.exe as an Administrator and afterwards take the tablet and plug it to your laptop.
- When the message box in Odin has “Added!!” written all over it, then you should wait for the ID:COM port to become yellow, because that implies a successful connection between your two devices. If you have problems, install the USB drivers once more or change the USB port you currently use for this guide.
- Step number five will require you to opt for CF-Aito-Root-p4notelte-p4noteltexx-gtn8020.tar.md5 (you have to click PDA for this to go as planned). Then turn on F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot in Odin.
- Step six will prompt you to do the following: tap on Start. The root shall commence and, after everything is completed, the Note 10.1 GT-N8020 is going to reboot.
- “PASS” will also come on the screen (accompanied by a background in green).
- The final step will need you to take the tablet out from the laptop. When the two are separated from one another, the warranty will no longer be on your gadget; have it return to it by opting for this possibility: install, again, the latest official update. The firmware for the GT-N8020 LTE is available on the Samsung’s website. To see if the rooting did happen, check with an app called Root Checker and, when you see that the process went well, start installing all sorts of root-access apps to experience what a rooting is all about.