How to Root Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P900
If you’ve been on the lookout for rooting material for Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P900, you’ve arrived in the right place! Below is everything you need to know on the subject. When you’re done with our post, your tablet will be much better.
There are a lot of rooting tools to choose from. Today we want to bring you this one: SRSRoot. Your tablet will encounter plenty of new stuff if you use this app. One of its strong points is this: you don’t have to pay for it. With that being said, the SRSRoot freeware is one of the many unrooting alternatives out there. The app is not limited to certain gadget models. Being compatible with different devices means that it’s also compatible with their Android versions; which may all be different. Your tablet owns this OS: Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
The benefits of this procedure
The rooting is something which cannot be done without a Build ID. Before you select one, know this: the app’s compatible with many such IDs. This is the one used for today: KOT49H.P900XXXUANAE_LLK. The SRSRoot is powered by an SRS Server. Besides this info, you should know that the app doesn’t affect the user experience with viruses. Instead of the latter, your tablet will have a faster quad-core 1.9 GHz Cortex-A15 & quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A7 CPU. The gadget will also display longer battery life.
By the time you’re done with our guide, the Samsung SM-P900 will feature both superuser and admin permission. Thankfully, no such thing as bloatware will exist on your device. With the SRSRoot, root-only apps and custom ROMs will appear, too. Customization options will then be joined by new features.
Where there are advantages, there are also disadvantages. Root access, for one, will be revoked if you subject the tablet to update firmware. You’ll soon have no system partition, either. However, an upgrade procedure never affects a gadget’s crucial data or internal / external SD cards. And you can always get the stuff you lost back. The same will happen after your tablet’s warranty is revoked; the latter is particularly an issue after a product is rooted.
You’re about to perform several pre-requisites. They’re compulsory before the rooting can start. So here you go:
- the laptop is in need of USB drivers compatible with the tablet;
- they’re on this page, so go there and flash them on your laptop after that;
- it’s a good idea to use a fully charged Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 SM-P900 for this tutorial;
- you should also create a full NANDroid backup;
- the security solutions used by the tablet must be deactivated;
- the laptop’s security programs need to also be deactivated;
- a regular backup is needed, so create one;
- Windows needs to feature on the laptop;
- your tablet must have its USB Debugging option turned on;
Step by step instructions
Root access is waiting for you just around the corner. To make the leap, you have to start with the steps below.
- The following step is the first one. Do as follows: download, on the laptop, the SRSRoot app. Getting the latter there is a question of clicking on a download button located here.
- After you are done with this, time to have the app installed and then launched on the laptop. For the next step, we ask you to enable certain options.
- The first of them has this name: Menu. The second one is called Settings; and under it is the third option, known as Unknown Sources. When these have been tapped, you can go ahead and enable, if you haven’t, a fourth option; you know its name: USB Debugging.
- The tablet and laptop must be plugged to one another now. Performing a connection between them is possible via the tablet’s USB cable. Once the two are close to each other, begin the rooting of your tablet.
- This stage requires you to do this: tap Root Device (All Methods). The gadget needs under 15 minutes to end. If this isn’t enough and the rooting isn’t finished in time, you should repeat the steps.
- The moment your Samsung SM-P900 has completed the previous rooting phase, time to see it restarted. This is what you have to do for the latter task: tap Reboot System Now.
The gadget is currently prepared to reveal its latest additions. Enjoy them and see if you want your device to stay rooted. If you want to unroot the tablet, the SRSRoot is always available.
Below our tutorial is a comment box that comes in handy. Use it if somewhere along the way you run into major issues with the rooting.