How to Root Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-T999
You’ll have root access for the following phone: Galaxy S3 SGH-T999. If it’s the model you use daily, get ready to see it in a new light from now on. All thanks to a rooting app that’s perfectly suitable for your device!
With root access, any gadget can perform better. Yours included. SRSRoot is the method that assures you access to the kind of goodies you’ve been wanting to enjoy for a long time. The app we want to introduce today isn’t expensive to use. You can get it for free on your laptop and then your phone.
You can safely use this dedicated software. The app doesn’t come with bugs, bloatware or other unwanted things. It only delivers goodies such as new features and custom ROMs. That’s only part of what makes the new tool appealing. If your device has it, expect root-only apps as well as superuser and admin permission, too.
The benefits of this method
The rooting allows your phone to get customized how you like it. The CPU, a dual-core 1.5 GHz one, gets to move faster and better. The OS, an Android 4.0.4 ICS version, won’t be erased from the handset. Your smartphone’s battery won’t perform as poorly as it currently does.
The SRSRoot app is powered by an SRS Server. On top of that, it works with many brands and Build IDs. Speaking of which, here’s the Build ID we used: IMM76D.T999UVALJ4.
Because you may not want root access at some point, this tool lets you use it to unroot the phone.
The device you’re using is also known under these names: Samsung SGH-T999 and Samsung Galaxy S III T-Mobile. Should you want an update for it, you will need to let go of its root access and system partition. Also, its default warranty will be revoked. The rest of the important stuff will stay undamaged.
And now for the usual list of requirements:
- USB drivers for your Galaxy Galaxy S3 T999 will have to be installed on your notebook;
- save the most crucial data on your phone by making sure one or more standard backups are performed;
- there’s a full NANDroid backup that should also be performed;
- make sure you activate the option on your handset that’s known as USB Debugging;
- the smartphone must feature a fully charged battery;
- your laptop is required to contain Windows as an OS version;
- the security software in use on the laptop have to be disabled now;
- then disable the phone’s security software.
Step by step instructions
Without these pre-requisites you won’t end up with the SRSRoot on your Galaxy S3 SGH-T999. So before you can provide your device with everything we presented in the paragraphs above, follow those instructions. Now follow the steps below.
- Here is the first action that needs your attention: get the app downloaded on your laptop. This is easy to do via this dedicated page.
- On it you’ll discover a download button. If you click on it, the download will begin. Once it does, wait for the file to end up where it needs to.
- The download once finished, be sure to open it on the laptop after the app’s installed there. An option will have to be tapped next.
- It’s this one: Unknown Sources. Locate it by going to Menu, then to Settings. If you look just below the last option we mentioned, you’ll see the one that needs to be enabled.
- If the USB Debugging option is yet to be turned on, activate it while you’re at this stage. After that, connect the phone to your laptop via the USB cable delivered with the former.
- That should be over quickly. When the two are plugged to one another, you will be required to begin the phone’s rooting at last.
- This action has to start with you clicking on Root Device (All Methods). After you tap it, wait until the process is all done before continuing with the tutorial.
- The rooting should be done after an amount of 15 minutes. When these minutes have been up and nothing’s happened, you have a method of making sure the procedure’s going well: repeat the guide.
- As soon as the rooting is done, restart your Galaxy S3 SGH-T999. Then take your device and use it. If you don’t like what the root access implies, then you’re free to unroot your handset.
You can leave your questions with us and we’ll answer them. Just make sure you use the comment box that’s below this post.