How to Root Galaxy S4 GT-I9506
Galaxy S4 GT-I9506 isn’t a smartphone without fault. To improve its flaws, we have a rooting guide to introduce you to. It’ll take care of the phone’s shortcomings in an easy manner. To see how it does that, keep an eye on our post!
There are multiple ways to root a handset. One of the most recommended is SRSRoot. This software has many advantages to its name. If you want to install it on your Galaxy S4 I9506, you’ll have to go through some steps. More on them when the time is right.
To end up with root access on the handset, some of the latter’s elements will be erased. One of them is the warranty. The second one is its actual root access if you happen to upgrade your device. When you do that, your smartphone will also have its system partition deleted. But the update won’t mess with the internal / external SD cards or important data.
The benefits of rooting
What the SRSRoot tool will offer your phone is priceless. In exchange for this new software, the device will boast longer battery life and root-only applications. Also, you will experience things such as customization options and new features. The rooting will let you grab custom ROMs and use them afterwards. Superuser permission will be offered; as will admin permission. The smartphone will stay safe from security threats.
After you end up with an improved CPU, your phone’s performance will become much more superior. All thanks to this special app. This method will make it easy to unroot the smartphone. The SRSRoot is already powered by SRS Server. You won’t have to worry about the device’s Android 4.3 version. Our rooting material won’t erase it from your handset. Then there’s the matter of Build ID. The one which was used on your phone was this: JSS15J.I9506XXUBML6. But you can choose any Build ID you like. The last pro of having the new tool on your smartphone is that it’s completely compatible with any kind of brand out there.
Some last things should be done before the procedure begins. Here they are:
- the creation of backups will help protect the handset’s data from harm during the today’s procedure;
- after you perform standard backups, create a full NANDroid backup as well;
- have USB Debugging enabled on the Galaxy S4 GT-I9506;
- check the battery level on your handset and charge the unit should it be low;
- go to this page and download, on your notebook, USB drivers for your smartphone;
- open your phone’s security solutions and turn them off;
- turn off the notebook’s security software next;
- Windows has to be installed already on your phone.
Step by step instructions
The steps we told you would be useful for the rooting begin now.
- The first task we have for you is this: go to this link and launch it. This website has the SRSRoot app. Download it on your notebook by clicking on a download button on that page.
- When the app is on your device, open it after it’s installed. You should move on by clicking on Unknown Sources.
- This option is under Settings; you’ll have access to the latter as soon as you’re done tapping Menu on the handset. Since you’re here, make sure you’ve already turned on USB Debugging. If for some reason you haven’t, enable it now.
- Then continue with the following action: take the USB cord of your phone. Use it to ensure a plugging between your Galaxy S4 GT-I9506 and the laptop.
- A connection will be created in a matter of minutes. Wait for this to be established. Once the devices are plugged to one another, you should start the rooting.
- Do it via this action: tap Root Device (All Methods). Reboot your handset for this final step. When your smartphone’s restarted, you’ll have access to the rooting goodies you’ve been wanting to have.
- If they aren’t what you expected, you have the option of unrooting the phone. As mentioned, one of the methods to do this is via this software. Your device’s unrooting will not be difficult. Simply find a tutorial which fits your Samsung I9506 and follow its steps.
If you’ve come across problems while installing the SRSRoot software on your phone, you can leave comments and questions in our comment box.