How to Root Galaxy Tab 10.1 Lite SCH-I905
Galaxy Tab 10.1 Lite SCH-I905 will be a changed tablet when you’re done rooting it. We suggest trying your hand at this procedure with this post. The goodies your device will get access to are only several steps away!
The tablet you wish to see rooted will need you to look at those steps accordingly. But to perform them without trouble, check some of the facts which characterize SRSRoot. The latter is the tool we’ll root your gadget with. It doesn’t bring security threats or bloatware. But it will revoke the warranty (look online for ways to easily retrieve it). The SRSRoot is freeware and it is well-known for its compatibility with every gadget out there.
The benefits of this procedure
Root access comes with root-only apps, custom ROMs and customization options. Dual-core 1 GHz Cortex-A9 is the CPU version running on your tablet. This app can and will provide the processor with superior speed. The gadget first came out in 2011. Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich is what it sports. The rooting app will leave that OS alone; that’s due to the fact that the SRSRoot supports various Android options. It also accepts many Build IDs (including IMM76D.LP11, the one we used for your Galaxy Tab 10.1 Lite SCH-I905).
If you install the SRSRoot freeware, you’ll see that it makes the tablet’s battery last more. Battery tweaks are followed by these goodies: admin and superuser permission. Last but obviously not least: root access can be revoked with the same app. Which is a tool powered by this: an SRS Server.
The tablet you own will suffer after it’s rooted. That will happen if you get ready to upgrade the device with special firmware. If you plan on doing just that, the device will not have its system partition anymore. The Galaxy Tab 10.1 Lite I905 has to give up this as well: the root access. Remember that all of this will only happen if you upgrade the tablet. Also, look at this: the update won’t mess with the gadget’s important data. The device contains internal and external SD cards. They will also remain undamaged by an upgrade.
Here you have a bunch of requirements that need to be performed before the start of the rooting:
- USB drivers for your tablet can be located on this page and you need to have them downloaded on your laptop;
- should the tablet’s battery levels be low, you will have to fully charge the device;
- provide a couple of backups for the data on your Samsung SCH-I905;
- a full NANDroid backup will have to be performed next;
- your laptop’s operating system needs to be Windows;
- the tablet’s security programs have to be completely disabled;
- go to your notebook’s security programs and turn them off;
- use our steps to safely root your tablet.
Step by step instructions
- The SRSRoot app must be downloaded on your notebook for the first step. To do that, you’ll need to launch this link. After you have done so, you should find a download button on the page you just opened.
- As soon as you see the button, click on it and wait. The file’s download will be over very soon. What you should do next is this: after the app is fully installed on the notebook, launch it asap.
- To move on, simply do the following: look for Unknown Sources and make sure it’s turned on. To smoothly click on this option, you should first locate it.
- If you’re wondering how to better find the necessary option, do this: open Settings on the tablet. When you do that, the Unknown Sources will appear right under it. USB Debugging should be enabled right about now. If it already is, then move on to the next step.
- This is what it tells you to do: use the tablet’s USB cord to create a plugging between the Galaxy Tab 10.1 Lite SCH-I905 and your notebook.
- After both of your products are finally plugged to one another, you should take care of the rooting.
- To begin this crucial process, do this: tap Root Device (All Methods). Around 14 minutes are needed for the rooting to take effect.
- If 15 minutes are up and you notice no difference, repeat the steps. But, if the rooting’s done already, reboot your tablet. This part should be done as such: click on Reboot System Now. Once this part is also taken care of, experience the wonders of a rooted device.
Don’t forget to leave comments or questions in the especially prepared comments section below!