Root Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5210 WiFi on XXUAMJ3 Jelly Bean 4.2.2 stock Firmware
If you or your friend own a Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5210 WiFi version which requires an easy to perform rooting, you are in the right place. And if you happen to use a device with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XXUAMJ3 official firmware, even better, cause this guide is aimed straight at you!
That is why we recommend this tutorial only to those of our readers who own the aforementioned tablet running the aforementioned update firmware. Stay away from today’s guide if your gadget sports a completely different upgrade file or if you’ve used someone else update tutorial.
For the ones who upgraded their device with our previous guide, you should be aware of the following before you root your tablet: the procedure is going to take the warranty away. But there are ways to get it back. Now for what you get if you root your gadget: apps that are called “root-only”, an overall better performance, new features, a battery unit that will impress you with how long it is able to stay alive and more. Below you will see the kind of requirements you must abide by before the start of the rooting tutorial.
So, what you should do beforehand is as follows:
- your P5210 shouldn’t have its factory locked;
- you need to create several backups following these tips;
- you have to also flash USB drivers for this tablet from here on your laptop or PC;
- charge your gadget’s battery to the fullest;
- turn USB Debugging on.
- After this short list of pre-requisites, you can begin the rooting by downloading some files on your laptop: Root archive, ClockworkMod Recovery (file name is bindroid_cwm_p5210_santos10wifi.zip) and Odin tool from here. From these three files, only two should be extracted, and they are the Odin v3.07 and the CWM Recovery one. Then make sure to send the other zip file to the tablet’s SD card root and also power your tablet off.
- The next step to perform tells you to enter the P5210 in Download Mode; the way to boot your device in that mode is this one: press + hold Volume Down + Power, stop the moment you see the Android logo and then press only Volume Up.
- Now move on to the next step: run the Odin as Admin on your laptop and after that plug the devices between one another until you experience an “Added!!” message and an ID:COM box turning yellow. When the plugging ends in failure, you should remedy that by selecting one of these methods: use another USB port or install the USB drivers a second time.
- The time has come to do this: tap “PDA” in Odin, then opt for the recovery.tar.md5 resulted from the earlier unzipping; now make sure you check F. Reset Time and uncheck Repartition as well as Auto Reboot.
- When you are done with that, you can tap “Start” so that the flashing of the necessary file can commence at last. Disconnect the devices from each other as soon as the flashing is done. Now use the following tutorial to root your tablet with the CWM Recovery.
- You have to do the following for the first step: reboot the Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 in Recovery Mode by pressing + holding, together, Volume Up + Power. Next up: make sure you choose Install zip from SD card.
- Now opt for Choose zip from SD card and then install the root.zip file by confirming this via “Yes”. Have patience till the file is finally flashed on the gadget.
- Then go back to the Recovery Menu. Choose, from it, the option which restart your device. Your tablet is rooted! In case you have doubts, you should get this application from Google Market: Root Checker.
Once the app has done its job and you know that the rooting firmware is on the Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5210 WiFi, there should be no stopping you from the stuff that comes with a rooting!