How to Root HTC Desire 500
HTC Desire 500 came out for the first time one year ago. There are a lot of novelties to get for it if you choose to root it. Should you be up for experimentation and loads more, SRSRoot is an app that’ll fit you and your handset. Discover below how to have this tool on your smartphone!
This SRSRoot software delivers all of its stuff for free. The app in question doesn’t only work on one device. On the contrary; every gadget ever released thus far can experience it. One more interesting thing about it: the app allows you to get rid of root access!
Root access won’t mess with the Android version your handset’s sporting; which is this: Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. The tool is created so that every Android version can work with it. Customization options and root-only apps are some of its best pros. Admin and superuser permission join that list. As do the following goodies: battery tweaks. With the latter, the phone’s battery life will expand considerably.
The benefits of this procedure
Faster CPU speeds are to be expected, too. The phone has a quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A5 which will no longer deliver snail-like speed. One of the other advantages of using the SRSRoot app is that it brings root-only apps. And it lets you install as many custom ROMs as you want. There are also many new features to enjoy.
The rooting of your smartphone will always need help from a Build ID. The one used during our rooting was this: JZO54K. You are allowed to choose another one; the today’s app leaves you this option. Another advantage of using this specific app: it comes with no bloatware. An SRS Server powers the app. After its installation is done, you won’t encounter security trouble because of it.
Are you thinking of having your HTC Desire 500 upgraded? If you are, then know this: the procedure will damage the phone. This will only happen if you perform the update on a rooted device. In case you do that, the phone won’t contain its root access or system partition anymore. The update will thankfully save the important content from damage. The same goes for your handset’s internal and external SD cards.
Your HTC Desire 500 will lose something important if you root it. That thing is its warranty. Don’t worry just yet. That same warranty will return to your smartphone. Just make sure you look for a method on how to do it; there are plenty of methods online.
Some specific requirements have to be followed now. They are needed so that the rooting can begin and end well. The preparations you should attend to are these:
- the HTC Desire 500 comes with a battery that needs to be charged 100% for the guide;
- the laptop’s security programs have to be deactivated;
- your notebook should have USB drivers download from this particular address on the laptop;
- install them afterwards on the same device;
- Windows should be contained by your laptop;
- some regular backups need to be created;
- the creation of a full NANDroid backup has to come up next;
- disable, on the phone, the security software installed there.
Step by step instructions
- The first step to occupy your time is this: download the SRSRoot app on your laptop. This is how to continue: flash the app on the laptop and open it.
- An option called Unknown Sources has to be turned on (this option is under the one labelled Settings). USB Debugging has to be activated, too; if you failed to turn it on earlier, do it while here.
- Connect the HTC Desire 500 to the laptop. Your smartphone has a USB cable it comes with. This cord should be used to plug the devices to each other.
- If a connection’s been successful, you should move on. Here is where the rooting can start. Begin the procedure via this step: tap Root Device (All Methods).
- The rooting will be over in about 13 minutes. Does the procedure need more time? If yes, there’s something wrong and you have to solve this by repeating the steps.
- But, if the rooting is successful in less than 15 minutes, you can finish the guide. Here’s how: click on Reboot System Now to restart the handset.
Your HTC Desire 500 is now able to deliver better performance while enjoying its latest goodies. Remember that, if you need an unrooting solution, the SRSRoot app will help.
Your questions can be dropped in the comment section below!