How to Root HTC Desire X T329w
Have you never tried rooting HTC Desire X T329w? We recommend performing this procedure as soon as you can. After you reach the end of our guide, your phone will feature brand new goodies. Among them there’ll be many improvement tools. I that sounds appealing, then put this tutorial on your list of to-do things!
If you’re considering rooting the phone, SRSRoot will do wonders. This app is a dedicated one; besides this, it is completely free of charge. The app is powered by an SRS Server. In case you want to have an unrooted device, this software also works as an unrooting option.
Your smartphone’s available under this name: HTC Desire X with dual SIM card slots. It was unveiled around 2 years ago. The Build ID we made use of for rooting it was this: IMM76D. If you plan on rooting your phone, the SRSRoot will gladly accept other Build IDs.
The benefits of this procedure
Android 4.0.4 ICS is the OS version running on the T329w. Rooting the handset won’t delete this version. A dual-core 1 GHz is what your device is using as a CPU. Once the SRSRoot running on your smartphone, its processor will display much better speed.
Root access brings about many customization options. Superuser permission and new features are other goodies you’ll enjoy. Admin permission will be joined by root-only apps and custom ROMs. Your handset’s battery is going to deliver a much longer life. The application won’t be responsible for damaging your phone with viruses; this app is free of them.
Also, this rooting tool works with many brands and has no bloatware. If you’ve just used it and your device has root access, an update may be on your mind. If that’s the next thing you want to do, some words of warning. Root access is going to be revoked after the upgrade. The HTC Desire X T329w will no longer sport a system partition, either.
The update will thankfully keep the device’s internal / external SD cards safe from any serious damage. Likewise, your handset’s data will be spared.
A phone with root access will lose its warranty. You can bring it back; just look for a guide on how to do that.
You are one step closer to having a rooted phone. For now, go through the following requirements:
- you will need to begin by creating a backup for the phone’s important data;
- a full NANDroid backup is a must-have, too, so make one;
- your laptop should feature, from this address, USB drivers that are only available for your handset;
- the laptop needs to have Windows as its operating system;
- your HTC Desire X T329w must run a fully charged battery;
- open the smartphone’s security programs and disable them all;
- after that remember to also open the security programs on your laptop;
- turn them off.
Step by step instructions
Consider these steps if you are bent on rooting the smartphone.
- The first of them will tell you to download the SRSRoot app on your laptop. Find this app on this page. If you’ve opened the latter, you will be able to spot a download button.
- To begin the download on your device, click on said button, then have patience. Soon, the software will be on the laptop. Install it when it’s there.
- Once the flashing’s done, you can initiate the application on your laptop. Tap Unknown Sources on your smartphone now. This option isn’t difficult to find. It’s right under the Settings one on your HTC Desire X T329w.
- After you are done tapping it, activate this option: USB Debugging. If you followed all of our pre-requisites, this option should be enabled already. In case it isn’t, though, turn it on here.
- You will now have to connect the HTC Desire X to your laptop. This is the way to plug the two: use the phone’s USB cord. Once you’ve provided the devices with a connection, the rooting can begin.
- This is a job for Root Device (All Methods). Tap the latter to kick start the whole process.
- You will need to wait about 11 minutes; maximum waiting time should be 15 minutes. Once the rooting starts to take more to finish, time to return to our steps and repeat them.
- At the end of this procedure, restart the phone. With this option: Reboot System Now. Then be sure to go and have fun with the goodies.
Our guide has a comment section below. You are free to leave your questions there.