How to Root HTC Rhyme S510b
HTC Rhyme S510b hasn’t yet experienced root access. You can change that by applying some special steps. They are all laid out in this guide!
A rooting will make sure that your smartphone is equipped with the most recent goodies. The app to step in and make a difference is SRSRoot. If you don’t know much about it, we’ll reveal its mysteries one at a time. We’ll begin by telling you that this is a dedicated app which can be downloaded for free.
Your smartphone’s not the only gadget to work with the SRSRoot. This app is meant to support many other devices, no matter their models or manufacturers. Coming back to it: this tool is excellent should you ever want an unrooting option. Also, it’s already powered by an SRS Server.
A wide variety of Build IDs can be used for your phone’s rooting. Our choice was this one: GRJ90. The HTC Rhyme S510b was previously rumored as HTC Bliss and it came out in late October 2011. Its specifications and whatnot include a 1 GHz Scorpion processor, Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread and many others. They’ll stay where they are. Not only that, but the CPU will move at faster speeds; and the OS will not face deletion.
The benefits of this procedure
If this is the first time you’ll root your handset, you’ll need to know what awaits you. Apart from the obvious set of goodies, the smartphone shall experience damage. In exchange for root access, the phone’s warranty will say goodbye. To grab it back, you should go and find a guide which offers help.
And now for those goodies. The SRSRoot app helps deliver new features. Then it allows the user to see what root-only apps are all about. The handset shall have these, as well: custom ROMs and superuser permission. These will be followed by battery tweaks. Not only those, but also admin permission along with customization options. Bloatware and security troubles won’t bother you and your device.
To have all of the above and more, you need to consider certain things. If you get your rooted phone updated next, it will no longer have a system partition. Its root access will also go through damage: it will be revoked from the phone. The HTC Rhyme S510b will not have problems with its internal and external SD cards. The smartphone will not lose its most important data, either.
For you to fully enjoy the root access and its benefits, do this now:
- your HTC Rhyme S510b must have its data fully protected, so perform backups;
- a full NANDroid backup must also be performed;
- the guide requires that your handset be fully charged;
- your laptop’s operating system need to be the Windows variant;
- your notebook is required to have USB drivers compatible with the handset;
- you will find them here, so make sure they are downloaded afterwards on the notebook;
- open, on the handset, the security software running there;
- turn it off;
- open the security programs on your notebook;
- deactivate them for now.
Step by step instructions
Time to get the rooting going. Which is why you should now start with the first task.
- It will instruct you to get the SRSRoot app downloaded on your notebook. The link that you should follow to find this app is this. Access it, then click on a download button which will appear soon.
- The app must then find its way on the notebook, where it needs to be flashed next up. Open said app on the same device, then activate a certain option on your phone: Unknown Sources.
- Can’t find it? Tap Menu, Settings and scroll under the latter. When done, you should check if you’ve enabled USB Debugging.
- If you forgot to do it, no worries; activate it now. The phone and notebook should be plugged for this step. Get to it by using the handset’s USB cord.
- This is going to take a very short while. If the products are finally connected, tap Root Device (All Methods).
- The rooting of your smartphone will start. You have to let it finish now; the end of this procedure will only happen if 15 minutes pass from start till finish.
- Repeat the steps if the phone’s rooting hasn’t ended in that time frame. If it has, tap Reboot System Now on the handset.
The HTC Rhyme S510b is now equipped with a much anticipated root access. In case you have problems to report about the procedure, use the comment box posted underneath this tutorial.