How to Root HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e
Prepare your HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e for something new. We have a rooting in mind for your smartphone. Follow our guide if you you’ve always wanted root access for this handset!
SRSRoot is what your HTC Sensation XL needs. As a dedicated app, it will enable access to plenty of new stuff. Like these: root-only apps and custom ROMs. This tool won’t affect the phone’s operating system. In fact, it will mesh very well with its Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich. The SRSRoot is a rooting tool that works with many types of Android.
The benefits of this procedure
Likewise, it accepts many different Build IDs. Here is the one included today for your phone: IML74K. Among the other novelties you’ll soon get are these: admin and superuser permission. The rooting will provide these, too: battery and customization tweaks. The handset’s 1.5 GHz Scorpion processor will move faster.
Root access will also mean new features for your smartphone. The SRSRoot can be installed on many devices. It’s powered by an SRS Server and it doesn’t include security problems in its list of goodies. It also doesn’t feature unnecessary programs. Also, you can unroot your device with it!
When you’ve finally gotten root access on the phone, you’ll have to deal with a revoked warranty. But if you use the right method, you can have the warranty restored.
When the time will come to provide an upgrade, having root access will pose a problem (or more). Here are the cons. You will, for starters, say bye to the handset’s system partition. After that, your phone’s root access will become history. These, among others, will escape damage: the internal / external SD cards and important content.
Time to perform the rooting. We must ask you to first do the following:
- the laptop must have USB drivers that are 100% compatible with the smartphone;
- download them on it by accessing this page;
- your handset will need to have its battery fully charged for this tutorial;
- save the data on your HTC Sensation X315e by making sure backups are created;
- a full NANDroid backup has to be initiated;
- be sure to launch, on the phone, its security programs;
- after they are all launched there, make sure you deactivate them;
- the laptop’s operating system has to be Windows;
- open the security programs on the notebook;
- turn them off while you’re busy with the rooting.
Step by step instructions
- The very first step is this one: have your laptop ready for the SRSRoot app. The latter, which must be downloaded there, is at this location.
- When you end up on that page, you have to click on a certain download button. It will appear very soon. When you see that the app is downloaded on your device, you should install it.
- If the flashing is finally completed, the next step to attend to will be this: launch the rooting app on your laptop. After this step is completed, too, you should move on by doing the following: find Unknown Sources on your smartphone.
- You should come across it by tapping, on the handset, Menu. Then tap Settings. When done, take a look under this specific option. There you’ll see the Unknown Sources option.
- After you are done clicking on it, time for our next step. This is how it goes: activate USB Debugging. This is an option which had to be activated for the part where we mentioned our pre-requisites.
- If you already turned this option on, you can plug the HTC Sensation XL to your laptop. This needs help from the handset’s USB cable.
- The devices you own will be plugged to one another after a couple of minutes are over. After that, you should move on to this task: tap Root Device (All Methods).
- The rooting is about to begin. If the process is done in 14 minutes, you can go on with the rest of our tutorial. But if the rooting isn’t over in that amount of time, you have to redo the guide’s steps.
- Now that the rooting is finished, you should do as follows: click on Reboot System. If the smartphone reboots as a consequence, have fun with the promised goodies!
If the rooting isn’t what you had in mind, you have to unroot the handset. This is a job that, as mentioned, can be done with the same dedicated SRSRoot app.
Use the comment box that’s under this post to drop us questions.