Root and install ClockworkMod Recovery on LG Optimus 2x P990
We prepared a new guide for you. This time we will instruct you on how to best root and install ClockworkMod Recovery on your LG Optimus 2x P990. But it will all depend on you paying very good attention to the steps you are about to see in an instant. The tool we are going to use is called SuperOneClick.
For the entire process to go without a glitch, you need to know what requirements your handset cannot lose from sight. See, first, if the laptop you have close to you comes with Windows and ADB.
Next: generate a full backup of your important data and make sure the phone has Android 2.2.1 Froyo (or better) on it. Then install this driver on your comp.
Activate USB Debugging and install the Android SDK pack on your laptop.
How to root the P990
- You are now officially set for the rooting of the LG Optimus 2x P990. Which debuts in the following manner: get rid of Car Home and F-Secure applications and perform a connection between the PC and the phone.
- SuperOneClick. Did you do that? Then, for the next step, the second one, download
- Good, now proceed to its installation in the next step, the third one. For which you also need to open the tool we just mentioned in the second step. You will be greeted by list of threats; opt for “psneuter” and tap on Root. This will, as its name says, get your Optimus 2x P990 this close to having it fully rooted.
- Step 4: get root access then install custom recovery. Now simply restart the entire device. This will complete the procedure and you can start with the installation of CWM Recovery on the Optimus 2x P990. Should this method not work, try with the ADB one.
How to install CWM Recovery
- The first step of this tutorial has the following rule for you: download ClockworkMod 188.8.131.52 zip file. Go and unzip the archive into a dedicated directory. The tools to do this are varied. We recommend WinZip.
- Step 2 of our guide: run a file called install-clockworkmod-windows.bat by double-clicking on it (this method works only for a Windows OS).
- Step 3: access the Recovery Mode like this: keep pressed for about 5 seconds the Volume Down and Power keys. That should do the trick and end our tutorial for today.