How to Root LG myTouch E739
The topic of our guide is how to root your LG myTouch E739. Performing this has everything to do with one particular rooting instrument. Learn all about it by using the post below.
Some introductory words on the rooting tool we opted for. You will see that its name is SRSRoot. The range of devices it’s compatible with is never limited to one or two. Its wide availability extends to Android OS versions. Every single one of them works with the app. The one that does a fine job on your phone is this: Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread.
Released in 2011, the handset accommodates the SRSRoot for free. Your product is also known as LG Maxx Touch. Inside it there’s this CPU: 1 GHz Scorpion. The freeware will make it move faster. To make the rooting work, select a Build ID. The app doesn’t impose a certain one; you can choose the ID you’re most used to. Our option went with GRJ22.
The benefits of this method
After the rooting is done, you will welcome many root-only apps. New features will follow suit, as will battery and customization options. Custom ROMs and admin / superuser permission are possible, too. The SRS Server-powered freeware won’t make you endure security problems. You will also be protected against bloatware.
When the phone gets root access, it’ll no longer have a warranty. This is a problem which can be solved. A method of doing that is this: find that guide which works best with your LG myTouch E739. Apply it on the latter and the warranty will be restored.
Your smartphone has to be revoked of its root access if it’s updated. The device will also function without a system partition. Having the device upgraded doesn’t end in deleted data. The internal as well as external SD cards are kept undamaged, too.
On another note, we’ll move on to requirements. They are something to be followed; without them, the rooting cannot go on. As such, we give you these guidelines:
- your notebook must be equipped with USB drivers suitable for your LG myTouch E739;
- after you face the download of the drivers, the notebook must have them installed there;
- activate, on the handset, USB Debugging;
- create several backups which will protect the phone from certain security problems;
- generate, afterwards, a NANDroid backup;
- a phone whose battery isn’t fully charged won’t work with this guide;
- Windows is going to be suitable for the rooting, so use a notebook that comes with such an OS;
- your notebook has security programs that are now turned on, so go and turn them off;
- then disable, on the LG myTouch E739, its security programs.
Step by step instructions
- The next thing to do is to head over to our rooting steps. The SRSRoot app must be downloaded on your notebook. For that, launch this link on it.
- A certain download button will be on it; click on this button. After you do, the app’s download will commence. When the tool is over that phase, you’ll need it to be flashed and then launched on the notebook.
- You should now do this: tap, on the handset, Menu. There is also this option that needs activation: Settings. Another task to do: enable the option that’s under the previous one you tapped. Unknown Sources is its name.
- After you are completed with these actions, we have another step for you; it asks you to tap USB Debugging. This is the option from above; so in case you have activated it until now, move on.
- To continue, provide a connection between the phone and notebook. The smartphone has a USB cable. The latter is going to help with the plugging. You will then have to wait till the connection is done.
- Once you’ve performed the above, make sure the handset goes through with the rooting. To ensure that, the phone should have its Root Device (All Methods) tapped. After you enable that, give the procedure around 15 minutes.
- Waiting more than that means there’s a problem. In case of that happening, it’s advisable to turn around and perform the previous steps once more.
- When the rooting is finally completed, the smartphone will need a rebooting. To successfully enter your handset in that mode, it’s recommended that you enable a certain option. The latter’s name is this: Reboot System Now. Starting from now, your LG myTouch E739 will display the whole benefits of having root access.
If you can’t wait, give them all a try. Following this experimentation, you may wish for an unrooting. This means that the SRSRoot can be put to good use once again.
If there was something wrong during the procedure, leave us your comments or questions about it below.